Dog Grille / Travel Cage / Harness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog Grille / Travel Cage / Harness?

We are about to inherit young Boris, 6 year old fluffball (pedigree Japanese something - quite big) and want to be sure we transport him in the safest possible manner for all.....any canine friendly surfers out there that could recommend something?

Oh and that means we will HAVE to fix the blasted back window now, have driven around since november with it open a fingers width, putting the kids buggy in from the side doors over their little heads is like the Krypton Factor!!

Anyone know a Surf friendly Mechanic in Herefordshire yet? Plenty of them around, saw 4 or 5 in the carpark behind our new place last week!

nx
    Naomi
    AKA - Mamadwyvin
    www.greenhands.co.uk

To solve the back end you can get a rear guard like I have, this means you can have the window open without the dogs getting out. For the back of the seats a cheap guard from Halfruads will do the job just as well, we had one fitted to the back of the car but the dog numbers have got too high so the dogs now have the back seat as well.
    Attached Files
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

guards

have a look at www.barjo.co.uk i have all my cars and surf fitted out by them . very good quality . as i travel a lot showing my dogs . not cheap but keeps my dogs safe
      black n tan
      black n tan
      yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Originally posted by slydog
        have a look at www.barjo.co.uk i have all my cars and surf fitted out by them . very good quality . as i travel a lot showing my dogs . not cheap but keeps my dogs safe
        emtpy your PMS please mate.
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

to the other end of the scale. i got a 3ft by 2ft by 2ft dog crate off ebay for 42 quid delivered. lashed it down to the anchor points, job jobbed. sellers called peteurope.

or malenibo has a fitted cage for sale!
          Last edited by Chillitt; 16 January 2006, 00:09.
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

did the same as Chillit - bought a metal, foldable dog crate from pet superstore called "jollys".
            Lashed to tie down points with hefty cable ties and suits the dog a treat.

Dead easy to store and can be left flat in the boot if you can't be arsed cutting the ties

Cost £45 inc vat, size 5

hope this helps

ta

hawaii
            I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

i got the chepo one from halfrauds... need and extra going accross thingy to fit the surf though!!

I cant fault it!

It might be my imagination but it seems to cut down on noise aswell!! the truck seems to echo more without the grill in if you know what I mean! without it sound like driving a car with the rear seats down! I only noticed when i removed the grill in the summer for a few days. Leave it up permanantly now.

Am even thinking of putting up a curtain to shut the rear off from the front!
              Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaii
                did the same as Chillit - bought a metal, foldable dog crate from pet superstore called "jollys".
                Lashed to tie down points with hefty cable ties and suits the dog a treat.

Dead easy to store and can be left flat in the boot if you can't be arsed cutting the ties

Cost £45 inc vat, size 5

hope this helps

ta

hawaii
                Just what i will be doing to mine.??
                SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

Dog cage

http://www.doghealth.co.uk/dh.htm
                  This might be what you are looking for.
                  We have one, a DH30 (30"x21"x24") in the back of our Surf and it fits a treat, even with the rear seats up. These cages are much stronger that the ones you see in pet shops etc. We were put off buying a dog guard because we saw a vehicle at a show where the dog had destroyed the rear trim and even the headlining!!
                  If you can, buy at a dog show - the prices are significantly lower for the identical product.
                  Keith

Comment

I got one of these http://www.hamsterbaskets.co.uk/dogcages.html and am very happy, mine is spilt into two and take 2 cockers & a westie. I made a steel "coffee table" frame with an MDF top that puts a false floor over the wheelarches and the cage sits on that, secured down with a few set screws. This gives a bit of storage under the cages as well. I have a couple of clip on fans to keep the hounds cool (on the web from the states can't remember where). This is where the surf falls down compared with my old Pajero, the Paj being a 7 seater would squirt airconditioned air from roof vents into the boot area! Doggies liked that, (do colarado's do that?). I am also experimenting witha Nokia observation camera, this neat device will MMS pictures to a mobile at set times, in response to movement or in response to a text. You can also call it and listen to what is happening or best of all set it to text you when the temperature reaches a certain level. Don't shoot me down but very occassionally I need to leave the dogs in the cage for 1/2 hour or so (NEVER EVER in hot weather) but sometimes spring / autumn sun can warm the car up deceptively.
                    Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Get the rear half of the truck tinted with limo black tint, as this keeps the temps. down too!

Comment

Working...
                      X