Finally got it......... but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got it......... but

Well after 2 or 3 weeks of counting down (both on here and in my head) I finally have my surf however....................... .............................

Truck is largely ok but the dealer experience has been absolute pants. Picked it up and speedo not converted, radio not fixed, half arsed valet but a couple of things that I need to run by you guys if i may?

Geting a wobble when hard on the brakes, seems like a warped disc, are surfs likely to get this? I know its a bit of an open ended question. Secondly when i'm rolling and turning hard right (against the stops) then i get what sounds like a grinding noise, is this likely to be the greasing of the bump stops trick?

I'm off back to the dealers on Thursday as he has a new stereo for me and the proper faces for the dials and he is ready to get some serious abuse if he doesn't sort it. What is a real pain is that if i ran a garage then i would prep things properly so every customer got what they should expect, after all thats what keeps people coming back.

Like i say the truck is good but the dealer is terrible, I can sort brakes easily enough (after all i built the car in my avatar) but its more the principle of the thing thats peeving me off. You know what its like, when you pick up a new car it wants to be a good overall experience but if he doesn't do some seriously good customer service with me this week i'm going to cause hiim so much grief its unbelievable.

Rant over but by and large the surf does everything i wanted it to (be great in summer for looking down the tops of girls in cabriolets
    Cheers

Simon

MPG? Don't you mean GPM.

Wheel wobble when braking usually points to Warped Disks get the Dealer to sort it out.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Simon811
      (be great in summer for looking down the tops of girls in cabriolets
      Better once its had a lift .
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Has it got a Ford dvd player in it ?
        Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Comment

Ford DVD? Gotta ask mate but why would it have?

Its got a nippon no name one in at present, think the power may be disconected, are they easy to get the double din units out of the surf?
          Cheers

Simon

MPG? Don't you mean GPM.

Comment

The grindin noise on full lock is possible the steering stops dry...you will be able to see them on full lock each way - just point some grease and squirt.

Wobble could be a host of things but may be Warped Disks on braking. Only way to tell is to put a micrometer?? or some type of monitoring device on the wheel and spin to check the alignment.
            Gaz

Comment

i thought nippon was that stuff u killed ants with?some green surfs have ford dvd,not sure bout grey ones tho!

Comment

be great in summer for looking down the tops of girls in cabriolets

I LOVE when girls go topless ! (its Saturday night )

Comment

Wobble could be a host of things but may be Warped Disks on braking. Only way to tell is to put a micrometer?? or some type of monitoring device on the wheel and spin to check the alignment.

Micrometer will check the thickness of the disc only and allow you to determine if its got uneven wear which is very unlikley. You need a DTI Dial Test Indicator with a mag mount to check for runout. Check at the outermost edge of the disc on both sides.

Al.
                  I used to have a surf me!

Comment

douddin

Ford DVD? Gotta ask mate but why would it have?

Its got a nippon no name one in at present, think the power may be disconected, are they easy to get the double din units out of the surf?
                    try this www.tgincar.co.uk

Comment

I put new discs on mine to slove same problem, i also had them 12 grooved as well to increase the performance
                      3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala

Micrometer will check the thickness of the disc only and allow you to determine if its got uneven wear which is very unlikley. You need a DTI Dial Test Indicator with a mag mount to check for runout. Check at the outermost edge of the disc on both sides.

Al.
                        All you need to do is press the brake pedal slighly while going along, any warp'edness worth worrying about will be felt through the brake pedal. Isolate if its the rears or front brakes by just using the handbrake to work the rears only.

Enjoy the truck.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                          All you need to do is press the brake pedal slighly while going along, any warp'edness worth worrying about will be felt through the brake pedal. Isolate if its the rears or front brakes by just using the handbrake to work the rears only.

Enjoy the truck.

Thanks for all the replies guys, it really is appreciated. I tried wehat you said last night Tony with gentle pressure on the brakes and you can see the steering wheel rock from side to side and you can indeed feel a kickback through the pedal.

I can feel that Thursday is going to be fun as he will do anything to avoid fixing it. Love the truck but wish i'd have gone for another dealer.
                          Cheers

Simon

MPG? Don't you mean GPM.

Comment

Working...
                          X