Thinking of buying a Surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of buying a Surf

Hi all, have been looking at a few Surfs, seen one I like which has an unusual red interior,2.4 limited? I think. It's on a '90 plate. Are these any good?

Yes, as long as its in fine condition and looks like an unabused example. Things you may want to ask the vendor are 1 has the head been done 2 has it had a cambelt?if so at what mileage.

As is normal, common sense is key to buying a good used example of any car. The 2.4 surf, is in general and excellent buy. Get a good one and you will be very happy with it.

Luk at tyres,oil level and condition,chek aircon,chek the operation of the high/low and 4WD IN A STRAIGHT LINE IF ON TARMAC and expect to have minor electrical gremlins.

Al.
    I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Thanks Al, are the heads particularly weak on the surf then?

Comment

only some 2.4's.

Comment

I've had my 2.4 for nearly two years and I am still happy with it, I've not had any problems with it at all. Would like more power though, I would have bough a 3.0 litre but ran out of money at the time!
          Last edited by Bobby Doc; 13 January 2006, 22:19.
          I like Orientals

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Doc
            I've had my 2.4 for nearly two years and I am still happy with it, I've not had any problems with it at all. Would like more power though, I would have bough a 3.0 litre but ran out of money at the time!
            Chuffed to bits with my beast.!!! ARRRHHH.!!!!
            SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

I have a very nice 2.4, probably very similar to the one you're looking at (mine's a 1991 SSR Limited, so it has all the same bells and whistles as yours, if some crazy Jap hasn't modded it!).

The head was replaced on mine, which gives a bit of peice of mind, and I find it more than powerful enough, though I don't tow and carry only medium loads. They're awesome off road too (in case you missed all those mud-coloured Surf pics that grace the forum!). Also I get around 26 mpg city, 30 highway, so that ain't half bad.

Need any details about the SSR Limited, feel free to ask.
              _______
              /_/ _ | 0\__
              \,...__,..._ /
              _(o)__(o)_

Comment

Thanks guys, may well be contacting you soon ecosurf!

Comment

Here's some useful info on what to look for and other surf stuff
                  Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

Great link, thanks

Comment

No worries mate, and if you see my truck around Kernow, give me a wave. I'm down there all the time, currently looking for a business to buy, catching a few waves, that kinda thing. My Surf's pretty distinctive, so you'll know it's me.
                      _______
                      /_/ _ | 0\__
                      \,...__,..._ /
                      _(o)__(o)_

Comment

Originally posted by speedin southwest
                        Hi all, have been looking at a few Surfs, seen one I like which has an unusual red interior,2.4 limited? I think. It's on a '90 plate. Are these any good?
                        If you want a good 2.4 have a look at pops one in the for sale section,this is a very nice motor.
                        If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Will do, thanks. Saw a really nice one today, well up until I discovered the passenger door was rotting out at the bottom. Is this common and is it expensive to rectify?

Comment

Originally posted by speedin southwest
                            Will do, thanks. Saw a really nice one today, well up until I discovered the passenger door was rotting out at the bottom. Is this common and is it expensive to rectify?

This thread is currently running
                            http://www.yotasurf-online.co.uk/pub...ad.php?t=19265

And i have had my 2.4 for 2 years and i'm very happy with it ....Its just my bad driving that gets it stuck......And its done 140000 k
                            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Thanks, guess it's quite a common problem then

Comment

Working...
                              X