Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish peeps

Hey guys,

Im a newbie on the forum and I am looking for a hilux. I dont mind a pickup either. I dont want to spend more than 7K on one and I would like to have an early 90's one so it would have a bit more kit on it for that money. The main reason I am buying is I drove a 4inch raised hilux in aus for a month and loved it and I want to get a hilux and do the same job.
    Is there anything out there? Im in no hurry to get one, i have to sell my mazda mx5 first anyway.
    I drive a mini as a weekend car so i think it would look hilarious in the driveway!

I'm sure Morr and Delboy would point you in the right direction over there...
    £7k or less should get you the truck you want as prices seem to be dropping..........When you get your truck you will have sore cheeks from grinning all the time...........

Comment

Re

I "might" sell mine to the right person!

Situated Co. Down!

If you want piccies go here:-

Code:
      http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3546
      (Been a few changes and money spent since these pictures taken!)

and more recently here:-

Code:
      http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=16927&highlight=stainless+pipes
      Later!

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by hellmett
        I "might" sell mine to the right person!

Situated Co. Down!

If you want piccies go here:-

Code:
        http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3546
        (Been a few changes and money spent since these pictures taken!)

and more recently here:-

Code:
        http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=16927&highlight=stainless+pipes
        Later!

Gary
        How much would you be looking for it, considering you paid 4500 and drove it for a while
        I think the truck is cool! Would you part exchange for my mx5?

Comment

There are usually plenty of pick-up's and Surfs around, I assume you've been checking out the Buy and sell etc....
          Finding a double cab pick-up in your budget may be tricker tho, they tend to be mainly very recent (and expensive) models, or have lived a hard life as a workhorse. About 10 months ago was trying to source a double-cab for a friend, we eventually gave up as we couldn't find one under 10k that was in decent original condition, all had been trashed/resprayed/abused etc.

Can't actually recommend any dealers for you in Dublin, I buy all my vehicles either privately or as trade sales.

Two of the main dealers selling fresh imports seem to be Byrnes in Coolock and the one on the Ashbourne Road (can't remember the name), just north of Finglas. these are two I would definitely stay away from, I rang Byrnes and within minutes knew I would not buy from they, between the guys attitude, swearing about this and that, telling me outright lies about the Surfs and not least having ridiculously inflated prices.
          The one the Ashbourne road is definitely dodgy, checked out a Surf there about two years ago for someone, seriously ropey for a fresh import and for top money too, despite my strong advise, the person bought it, and had multiple problems with it, and found the warranty hard to get and substandard at that, ie leaking rad was repaired with some 5 minute epoxy, blown cylinder head replaced with a secondhand one, and plenty more - Avoid!

Sorry I've little positive to offer, personally if I were looking for another one, I'd definitely consider very strongly the personal import route, but that's a whole other story.....
          Maurice
          Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Thanks for the reply mate, i have been looking at the buy and sell etc but i dont want to view any cars without having the cash available. And until i sell my mx5 i wont have it!

To be honest, i dont mind waiting until closer to the summer, the reason being is mx5's sell like hotcakes then and i will have more cash available but honestly i would KILL to have a hilux modded like this:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=ADME:L:RTQ::1

How much do you think i would be looking to spend (not for a hilux like this) but an early nineties, in good condition. I will plan to spend about an extra 1000 to get the 4 inch lift and then get some wheels to.

Comment

Re

Nice truck but far, far, far tooooooooo high!

The wind would topple it over!

4 inch lift is more than enough!

Later

Gary

Comment

4 inches is the max i would go for

And a nice set of wheels

Comment

How about you offer the 7K to Delboy, have a look round the forum, you'll find pics of his surf, '90 on 33s, very well maintained, modded here there and everywhere, dont think its for sale but offered the money, I'd take it and he might too!

Comment

Working...
                  X