Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance

Well that time of year again!

Have been ringing around all the insurance companies listed on this site and on Roughtrax..

I'm 24, no convictions or bans and 4yrs no claims bonus, living in one of the worst postcode area's in the UK, (M23)

I have had quotes ranging from 2998 to 769, 2998 from "MasterQuote" and 769 from Direct Line.

Then I rang Sureterm Direct Insurance Services (Got their details from Roughtrax Website)

their insurance covers for 90 days europe travel in the year (Green card) Free, it also covers you on greenlanes, static shows (where the vehicle is not moved) and covers fire theftr and accidental damage to any trailor, caravan or boat whilst it is attached to the vehicle.

They also offer discount to any person that has paid to be part of a owners club.

I mentioned this forum to them, they asked if I'd paid a subscription so i told them about the £10 to Koi thingy. They said that fine.

Their quote - 638.95 fully comp - £130.05p cheaper than any other company (and i'm at work and have spent 2 days calling every company i can find, about 50 or so!)

they are well worth a call - mention you are a member of this forum.

Remember though! you have to PAY to be an "Owners Club Member" (as they call it) to qualify for discount - aparantly they would class this forum as an owners club - how they check if youv'e paid i don't know

Very helpfull and non of the usual "Surf??? Is that a pickup??? Sorry we don't have that on our system..." rubbish!!

Contact is Hannah on 0845 20 20 230

I am in no way linked to this company - just very impressed with price and service (and there giving me free legal protection to write a review on them!)

Joe112
    Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Cheers Joe, I'm 23, 6 years no claims, and my insurance is due soon (currently on a commercial policy), so I'll definatley give these guys a ring.

I got quoted over £750 for a 1.4 1997 VW Polo, still amazed the Surf is relativley cheap to insure!
    _______
    /_/ _ | 0\__
    \,...__,..._ /
    _(o)__(o)_

Comment

tesco

have you tried tesco,

Comment

Eh up!

I too am 23 with 6 years no claims. Give Aplan a call (dunno the number off hand, but there was a post about them last week), i'm insured fully comp on my 3.0td for £607.

Didn't think to try Sureterm, should've done cos they're great on KitCar insurance.

cheers,

Mart
        Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

i was 21 when I reinsured in november and couldnt use sureterm cos i was too young
          im with liverpool victoria now - 6 points, 1 claim not my fault.

by the way how long do points stay on your lisence for, 3 of them i had ages ago!
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
            by the way how long do points stay on your lisence for, 3 of them i had ages ago!
            Depends on the offence, but between 3 and 5 years I think. I got caught jumping a red when I was 17. That lasted three years. Speeding fines may last longer now.

How are Tescos and Sureterm with modified vehicles? Officially my suspension lift and bigger tyres are safer, as there's a better contact with the road (according to the BF Goodrich website), so my insurance should be about 300 quid.
            _______
            /_/ _ | 0\__
            \,...__,..._ /
            _(o)__(o)_

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
              i was 21 when I reinsured in november and couldnt use sureterm cos i was too young
              im with liverpool victoria now - 6 points, 1 claim not my fault.

From my (not so) vast knowledge I think they are valid for 3 years..... but you can only remove them after 5 years (except Drink driving which is 11 years)

As for insurance I was bracing myself for a shock. It turned out to be £450ish with lifesure, protected no claims for life. I nearly paid that much for my modeo!

Im 37, umpteen years no claims no points and no accidents (now) also got business use on policy!

As for modifications I told them about my bull bar & lights.... they just said fine

Although a mate of mine has a double cab pickup modified and he says it's hell to insure!
              Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by safysurfer
                have you tried tesco,

yeah tried tesco... 1200

Comment

Originally posted by ecosurf
                  Depends on the offence, but between 3 and 5 years I think. I got caught jumping a red when I was 17. That lasted three years. Speeding fines may last longer now.

How are Tescos and Sureterm with modified vehicles? Officially my suspension lift and bigger tyres are safer, as there's a better contact with the road (according to the BF Goodrich website), so my insurance should be about 300 quid.
                  not sure on tesco and mods.. was asked if there was any non standard modifications... Bull bars and spots are pretty standard on a surf... as are big wheels... (ok they might argue a bit with a claim) but deal with that if and when it happens!!

Best thing I found about Sureterm and what suprised me the most was the policy... Green lane cover, show cover etc

Joe

Comment

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=19338
                    Stella Artois

Comment

Working...
                    X