Getting in and out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting in and out

Just a quick thought from another thread. Who else's Wife / Partner complains about the climb up into a Surf?

(poll attached if I can get it to work!)
    My Wife gets in no problem
    48.33%
    My Wife complains about the height
    8.33%
    My Wife compalins about everything
    28.33%
    I Have no wife
    15.00%

almost every female that gets in my truck seems to struggle,but theres a step and a grab handle i dont see the problem!!?
    what more when they get out they use my recaros as a slide,trashing the bolster.and when i inform them how to get out he go "oooooh sor-ry",you no how they say it!!so now they go in the boot.

Comment

Feeling hen pecked Dave? Lou pestering you to get a nice sensible car?

Comment

The thing is though...... why are you letting your wife drive it in the first place ?...... surely you should know by now that they move the seat forward and dont put it back, they re-adjust the steering tilt, they re-tune the radio, leave makeup stuff lying about everywhere, they wipe the screen with their hands thus smearing it.... the list is endless.
        Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Comment

my mum and dad (80 and 72) make such a meal of it!! mother always manages to get in facing the wrong way, dad cant cope with the seatbelt clip. its an epic. every time. i am considering building a mounting block for them...

and this is a std height surf with just a little bit of but sag..
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I get a 'bit of grief' from time to time- but then it's got a 4" lift and bigger tyres plus I also removed the side steps for offroading. Now I have to carry steps for the in-laws!

Comment

How about a poll on those who slipped on wet side steps and banged your head?

After the second time you tend to be more cautious.
              Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosinDevon
                The thing is though...... why are you letting your wife drive it in the first place ?...... surely you should know by now that they move the seat forward and dont put it back, they re-adjust the steering tilt, they re-tune the radio, leave makeup stuff lying about everywhere, they wipe the screen with their hands thus smearing it.... the list is endless.
                She's never driven it. But on mine the passenger side is the same hieght.

Comment

lol i took the steps off and now everyone but me complains
                  no matter im the driver!!!
                  Tim
                  Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                    Likewise and with a 4" lift it's great entertainment

Comment

Where's the option for 'other half complains its not high enough'

We'll see how she cope's with 4" lift and 33's and a wedding dress in July!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                        I like the look without, but I was thinking about it and decided I'd never be able to get in it!

*Write da feme tune, sing da feme toon"
                        Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
                          I like the look without, but I was thinking about it and decided I'd never be able to get in it!

*Write da feme tune, sing da feme toon"
                          I like surfs with the side bars on..
                          SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

Originally posted by SSRX3.0TDLE
                            I like surfs with the side bars on..
                            Its funny, the amount of people who turn up at the garage, and leave minus their steps after seeing our trucks!

Its like a free 2" lift, truck looks taller from the side, plus they always get bent the first time you high center the truck while offroading anyway.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I have been doing a survey. For some reason most women tend to put the wrong foot on the side step before climbing in. Thus they get tangle footed. Most undignified.

I want to take my side steps off because they are now banana shaped from hitting tree stumps.
                              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                              X