Moving Front Seats Back More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Front Seats Back More

Hi Guys, does anyone know if its possible to move the front seats on my truck further back? ie remove the seats and runner and re drill to allow them to go further back. Would like a couple of more inches legroom on drivers side.

Thought would ask before i start messing about, just in case someones tried it and could point me in the right direction.

Thanks
    [U]SORRY OFFICER...I HAVE BEEN IN ALL EVENING...[/U]

u must be really tall!!!
    thats no help at all tho is it.

Comment

Originally posted by a.plasterer
      u must be really tall!!!

I'd like to know too as i'm 6'5". I'm getting used to steering with my thighs though.

Mart
      Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

Lol..

Originally posted by a.plasterer
        u must be really tall!!!
        lol..6ft 2 in and i get a bit cramped on a long run so the extra 2in etc would make all the difference..funny...thats what the girlfreind said last night!

Comment

Problem is that the subframe sits on a ridge (at the front edge) and bolts in there... so you'd need to build a new sub-subframe, mount that real solidly... then reweld on the top half of your original subframe...

Alternatives, get an old recaro subframe (should fit) and mount that where required then reweld on the top half of you original subframe.

A lot of trouble... its either that or shorten your legs...?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
            Problem is that the subframe sits on a ridge (at the front edge) and bolts in there... so you'd need to build a new sub-subframe, mount that real solidly... then reweld on the top half of your original subframe...

Alternatives, get an old recaro subframe (should fit) and mount that where required then reweld on the top half of you original subframe.

A lot of trouble... its either that or shorten your legs...?
            Why not just remove the front seat and sit in the rear !!!..... oh you might have to extend the steering column.
            Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Comment

Agree with the previous comments. Years ago you could have got away with unbolting the subframe, drilling a few holes a couple of inches back and bolting up but that would be an MOT failure now. If you do manage to move it back safely you'll probably only be able to carry ankle biters in the o/s rear passenger seat from then on as the legroom will be minimal.
              Mike G

Comment

leg room

Mart
                If you can only drive the truck with your thighs against the wheel how on earth do you fit in the Skyline ?
                I am 6ft and I can only drive my R33 with the seat as far back as possible and the seat back leant back to give me room to get my arms straight.
                At 6ft 5ins you must be very cramped in there
                Is this the reason you are selling it ?
                Mike

Comment

Originally posted by crawleym
                  Mart
                  If you can only drive the truck with your thighs against the wheel how on earth do you fit in the Skyline ?
                  I am 6ft and I can only drive my R33 with the seat as far back as possible and the seat back leant back to give me room to get my arms straight.
                  Mike
                  Yes, he's put on weight over Christmas and can't get the door shut any more...
                  Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by crawleym
                    Mart
                    Mike
                    Wow!!

Someone with the same 2 cars as me! I do fit in the skyline, but the seat is all the way back, and leant back a fair bit. I'm selling it cos it's impractical for me, as only someone with no legs car sit behind me!

Daft thing is i'm building a caterham style kit car which is even more cramped! but i've moved the pedals forward in that, and got a 10inch steering wheel.

Having a nightmare selling the Skyline though. now asking for £4600, and still no-one's interested.

cheers,

Mart
                    Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

I'm also 6'5" but I find the problem is the possition of the steering wheel. It does not go high enough and can be a bit of a struggle getting my left leg in under it. But once in it isn't too bad. I have been wondering if you can get a smaller steering wheel.

Comment

Thanks For All Info

Thanks guys, seems like a lot of work to get it right re the legal elements etc, have just spoke to my local MOT station and they said more or less what everyone else said re the legal side. But one thing they did say was that if the tester realises the seats have been altered etc they will go over them with a fine tooth comb.. so thinks its " let sleeping dogs lie"

Comment

Originally posted by B16mts
                          Wow!!

Someone with the same 2 cars as me! I do fit in the skyline, but the seat is all the way back, and leant back a fair bit. I'm selling it cos it's impractical for me, as only someone with no legs car sit behind me!

Daft thing is i'm building a caterham style kit car which is even more cramped! but i've moved the pedals forward in that, and got a 10inch steering wheel.

Having a nightmare selling the Skyline though. now asking for £4600, and still no-one's interested.

cheers,

Mart
                          Mart
                          have you tried advertising on the GTR forum ( they let GTS owners on as well )
                          There is also a Skyline owners site which might be worth trying/

Incidentally I have an early Lotus 7 with IRS sitting in the garage so if you get your kit car finished that would be 3 cars more or less the same
                          Mike

Comment

Working...
                          X