Mickey Thompsons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mickey Thompsons

Im thinkin about gettin sum Mickey Thompson classic lock wheels 4 th truck but not sure which size 2 go 4. Its either goin 2 be 15x8 or 15x10 but im wonderin if il have 2 extend th arches 2 accomodate th 15x10s 2 keep it legal. Also not sure what size tyre 2 go 4 either as th truck hasnt had any suspension mods done n i dont want anything 2 catch or rub.

Any 1 got any advice?

get the full details of the rim size... (offset etc.)
    otherwise you can't tell.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Will do. Il get back 2 you with them.

Comment

What tyres are you getting? We've got 33x12.5 on 15x10" Mickey T Classics, if you still running 31's you don't really want bigger than 8" wide. Standard -20mm pickup off offset on 8" rims will poke out very slightly on wide body surfs, 7" wide -20mm rims are level with the wheel arch.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

i was looking at these wheels for my double cab pickup, but i cant find flares anywhere that can be used...am i destined for a life of staying with the wheels i have

which are nice split rims, that came on it from Japan, but i do love the MT wheels

Last edited by Monster-Mat; 26 January 2006, 00:12.
          Mat..

All things Lexus...ask moi

Comment

Originally posted by Monster-Mat
            i was looking at these wheels for my double cab pickup, but i cant find flares anywhere that can be used...am i destined for a life of staying with the wheels i have

which are nice split rims, that came on it from Japan, but i do love the MT wheels
            tried L A supertrux and roughtrax?

Comment

yep, obviously can get them for the front, but no one seems to list for the double cab.

i found a set, an a Double cab in Japan, emailed the company, but never got a reply...suprisingly
              Attached Files
              Mat..

Comment

yep, obviously can get them for the front, but no one seems to list for the double cab.

i found a set, an a Double cab in Japan, emailed the company, but never got a reply...suprisingly
                course, i never thought of that...

best bet would be a modified set of 2nd gen surf ones... but deppending on ability, could look great, or cack!

where abouts in wilts are you?... try popping along for one of the meets on salisbury plain etc... get a measure up to see how similar they are.

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                  course, i never thought of that...

best bet would be a modified set of 2nd gen surf ones... but deppending on ability, could look great, or cack!

where abouts in wilts are you?... try popping along for one of the meets on salisbury plain etc... get a measure up to see how similar they are.
                  im basically on salisbury plain...im in warminster, my back garden is almost one of the gates onto the plain......as a matter of interest...to me anyway...how easy is it to tell if the Truck has been lifted, it has aftermarket dampers on i know that much, but comparing mine (pic above) to other it seems theres more arch gap?

regards 2nd gen arches...will have to look into that, im a dab hand at filling and fabrication in general
                  Last edited by Monster-Mat; 26 January 2006, 00:31.
                  Mat..

Comment

im basically on salisbury plain...im in warminster, my back garden is almost one of the gates onto the plain......
                    no excuses then!... look out for posts in greenlaning section... "Danno" usually organises something quite often and i think "andy dawson" is near you too

nice blokes too.

well, Danno is... i only met andy dawson once and i was still half cut from the night before so don't really remember!

(you'll probably even be able to show danno where you're really alowed to drive on there!!)

Comment

Theres a guy on ebay that has a shop which do all 4x4 flares etc...tiger something??? i dunno
                      3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

a matter of interest...to me anyway...how easy is it to tell if the Truck has been lifted, it has aftermarket dampers on i know that much, but comparing mine (pic above) to other it seems theres more arch gap?

regards 2nd gen arches...will have to look into that, im a dab hand at filling and fabrication in general
                        the pickup is on leaf springs at the back so it's different anyway.

the 2nd gens are mostly the wide body version (std arch extensions) so a second hand maybe damaged set shouldn't be too hard to get hold of

Comment

yep, on leaf springs front and rear, i will keep an eye open for 2nd gen arches then, or find somebody nearby with em on...

thanks mucho
                          Mat..

Comment

Working...
                          X