No announcement yet.

Tociko shocks, anyone got any comments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tociko shocks, anyone got any comments?

Looking at buying these shocks from Milners, anyone used this make and what are your thoughts on em????
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy

quite soft shocks, I have a spare front and rear which I swap if I need to work on the others and as spares.
    cheap enough though and seem solid.
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Give Stuart at www.gearedtogo.co.uk a ring and ask for a price on Procomp E9000 shocks . A fair priced shock , but as mentioned on here , do go rusty on the outside after a while .
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

my ranchos were starting to rust so i got some nice white spray paint (for radiators I think) and look good as new... whether they are damping properly is another thing altogether as they dont seem to spring back when compressed by hand?
        Tim

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
          my ranchos were starting to rust so i got some nice white spray paint (for radiators I think) and look good as new... whether they are damping properly is another thing altogether as they dont seem to spring back when compressed by hand?
          nah, the spring does that!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Depends if they are gas or oil shocks, oil shocks are neutral and stay where they are put, gas shocks will extend on there own.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

thanks Tony, saved me worrying now cos they are Oil adjustable ones

by the way do you have front suspension mount bolts I need some desperately and the biggest bolt I have in there still rattles around like mad (old allen key rubbish design one fell out). Also you looked for a nice rear black plastic bit for me>????
              Tim

Comment

by the way do you have front suspension mount bolts I need some desperately and the biggest bolt I have in there still rattles around like mad (old allen key rubbish design one fell out). Also you looked for a nice rear black plastic bit for me>????
                Yeah, got the bolts, you want me to toss them in a envolope? Will go and look for you plastic bit right now.........

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

cheers mate - bolts/nuts/washers? just incase you thought I meant bolts only. hang on to the plastic if you have one to save it breaking in the post and ill get it sometime or surftrain it
                  Sling em in the post and ill paypal you. PM my addy now.

Thanks mate
                  Tim

Comment

Tokiko Shocks

I fitted the 'Tokiko' shocks to my '96 (KZN185) surf, and I'm pretty unimpressed. They are rough over the small stuff and bottom out over speed hums when I drive over them slowly. Also the rears make a thump sound when compressing over speed humps. They seem to be linear and not progressive which is poor compared to shocks I've put in cars etc.

I asked Milmners for an explanation TWICE, alas no reply

Me - I'm looking to rip them out and put in some Procomp 9000s. Anyone want to buy the Milners ones I'll sell mine cheap (50% the new price) as only done 3000km on them at most

Comment

Working...
                    X