engine treatment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine treatment

went to roughtrax yesterday to buy a spare wheel cover and i also got a bottle of forte engine treatment WOW this stuff is great i have used loads of diffrent stuff in the past but this is by far the best. better starting,smother idel,better accelaration,and the biggest diffrence no smoke it is £7.50 a bottle but well worth it
    I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Originally posted by kiowa
    went to roughtrax yesterday to buy a spare wheel cover and i also got a bottle of forte engine treatment WOW this stuff is great i have used loads of diffrent stuff in the past but this is by far the best. better starting,smother idel,better accelaration,and the biggest diffrence no smoke it is £7.50 a bottle but well worth it
    Did you get what you went for or are you like me go somewhere to get what you want, then end up buying something completely different and forgetting what you went there for in the first place.???

DOHH.!!!!!
    SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

Originally posted by SSRX3.0TDLE
      Did you get what you went for or are you like me go somewhere to get what you want, then end up buying something completely different and forgetting what you went there for in the first place.???

DOHH.!!!!!
      i do indeed but the problem is i forget what i went there for buy somthing else and then remeber what i wanted in the first place so i am forced to buy that as well what a shame lol.just cant tell the misses

Comment

Originally posted by kiowa

How big is the bottle. I was paying about the same for a bottle that would do 4 full tanks.

Comment

I've been thinking about these additives you can buy, particularly the diesel fuel additives. Do they actually clean the fuel system and injectors, or are just like the petrol additives, octane boosters, that give the fuel a 'tonic' to make bigger 'bangs' in the combustion chambers so that it feels like your vehicle is performing better? Of course when the additive is gone through the fuel system, you get used to the performance and think nothing of it when it returns to normal.

Just a thought....................... .sleep well!

Comment

Most of the fuel additives for diesels are just a combination of napthalene and a few similar compounds, dissolved in a solvent, usually xylene.
            As Vince said, they perk the engine up a bit by making a bigger bang while they last.
            I tried the Redex version, purely for research, you understand and didn't actually notice any difference at all
            The combination may also clear some muck out of the injectors, as the dissolved wax may pick up the oily deposits.
            Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

When I bought my truck I put some Slick50 fuel treatment in when I filled her up on the way home. My mate, who took me there in his car was following me. He said there was no smoke coming out up to the petrol station. But when I added the stuff, and drove the rest of the way home, he said it was really smoking lots. So they must work, as all the smoke must have been the carbon and soot burning off.

Comment

[QUOTE=plodger]How big is the bottle. I was paying about the same for a bottle that would do 4 full tanks.[/QUOTE
                the bottle only does one tank you can either put it straight in the filter or add it to the tank it lowers emistions(cant spell) cleans the injectors and a bunch if other stuff .i would use it again

Comment

[QUOTE=kiowa]
                  Originally posted by plodger
                  How big is the bottle. I was paying about the same for a bottle that would do 4 full tanks.[/QUOTE
                  the bottle only does one tank you can either put it straight in the filter or add it to the tank it lowers emistions(cant spell) cleans the injectors and a bunch if other stuff .i would use it again

Have to try it. Anything to get rid of black smoke.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                    When I bought my truck I put some Slick50 fuel treatment in when I filled her up on the way home. My mate, who took me there in his car was following me. He said there was no smoke coming out up to the petrol station. But when I added the stuff, and drove the rest of the way home, he said it was really smoking lots. So they must work, as all the smoke must have been the carbon and soot burning off.
                    Slick 50 expensive stuff.!!!
                    SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

It was that mate. Cost me £14 a bottle. But I thought it was worth the money. Want to keep the truck in good condition. Cost me enough money, so have to look after it!!

Comment

Lee, have you got any pictures of your truck on here?

Comment

This is just my opinion. I have used Slick 50 for about 20 yrs. I say it works and will continue to use it. Never had a problem using the stuff. As an example I put it in a vehicle with low compression on one cylinder. Rechecked compression again after a few hundred Ks and all cylinders were perfect. Does a good job of cleaning up sticky rings. Do remember though that if an engine is s*****d it won't be a magic cure.

Nev

Comment

Working...
                          X