Which 2 way radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which 2 way radio

Thinking of buying some 2 way radio's, but which two way radio do you recomend, there seem to be a few on the market but has anyone seen any reviews?
    I like Orientals

I have a pair of expensive motorola T6222's. They are by far the best for lond range clarity without spending £10000000000's. I've used them at work around electrical substations (lots of interferance)to huge open air areas with shooting and beating and they have been as clear as a phone!
    I purchased these a few years ago now so you'll prob find a newer model for a good price. I paid around £75 per unit however it was a few years ago and things move on.

They do a cheaper version that if I recall correctly, you could buy for around £40 per pair! (square things)- however they are not good at all.

What do you want to use them for.

(just as an example, I live just over a mile from the town center here and I can listen to all the door staff in town from home here! They have a good range.)

Comment

Breaker, Breaker one nine.!!

Come on back.??
      SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

The Dukes Of Hazard comes into mind.??? lol..

Little Bo Peep.???
        SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

I want them to keep an eye on the kids, when they go a-wondering but also I am going to have a go at a bit of green laning this year.

10-4 Rubber Duck!
          I like Orientals

Comment

Cb is better than any of these new hand helds for sure?
            Al.
            I used to have a surf me!

Comment

I us the Binatone MR600 from Argos they were about £60 4. They work pretty good about 2 1/2 miles pick up. Up on the moors on sunday must have been 5 miles form nearest house and i was picking up kids talking on them so I am happy with them.
              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Fanx
                I like Orientals

Comment

My missus bought me some Binatone ones for Xmas. Tried em out laning yesterday, and I gotta say, they were really good!!

8km range, in ideal conditions...

And, these days, they all (I think!) come with standartd frequencies, so no matter what make of radios you buy, you can still chat to a mate on a different make of radio..

And... My Binatones have the added feature of a built in mosquito repellent!!
                  So there!!

Quite handy, here in the UK!!!
                  It just does, OK?

Comment

all the PMR radios are the same frequencies and power output... so all much of a muchness... just depends what features they have that varies.
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I have some of the older motorola TA288 and some of the newer T6222 (but even these are now no longer sold), I got the newer ones from here:
                      http://www.adventureshop.co.uk/radios.htm

I have seen/used a few other models and some of the cheaper motorola range and was not that impressed with features or quality. I use them off-roading and snowboarding plus a few other activities now and again. Good range as long as there is no mountain in the way.

Looks like the XTL446 is now top Motorola (leisure) model. One thing I would say is that I would not bother buying the rechargeable packs and chargers unless you are going to be using the radios a lot as they dont last as long as normal batteries. I find with a set of 3 AA's in mine they will last ages, easily a whole weekend away and more if you turn them off at night etc.
                      No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo

And... My Binatones have the added feature of a built in mosquito repellent!!
                        So there!!

Quite handy, here in the UK!!!
                        I thought you were joking about the insect repellent, untill I saw the ones you have, the're in Argos, Binatone Treck 100's
                        I like Orientals

Comment

CB is OK for very local stuff. At least if you turn the squelch right up you can mute the intercontinental skip.

PMR446 is a better option if you want clear walkie talkie stylie communication.
                          It's only a hobby!

Comment

I bought a pair of Uniden PMR885's today, they seem to beworking well, they keep picking up people in the distace, but they haven't answered me.
                            Can't wait to try them out on an off roading treck!

I just realised how sad I sound, no wonder I've got no mates!
                            I like Orientals

Comment

Working...
                            X