custom made exaust price....ouch...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom made exaust price....ouch...

had a quote from a local garage to replace the whole unit with stainless.......wait for it.............£611 + vat..........

to leave the first pipe in and replace the rest they wanted 325 + vat.........

they said the front pipe isnt very easy to do and would prob take about 3-4 hours labour...........

got the feeling that they were trying to rip me off.............

think ill keep looking.....
    Last edited by slim; 8 January 2006, 11:12.
    CHEERS JOHN................

Six pounds eleven pence isn't too bad
    Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulh
      Six pounds eleven pence isn't too bad
      should have got us all one at that price......lol

now removed the decimal poit.........

Comment

Originally posted by slim
        had a quote from a local garage to replace the whole unit with stainless.......wait for it.............£611 + vat..........

to leave the first pipe in and replace the rest they wanted 325 + vat.........

they said the front pipe isnt very easy to do and would prob take about 3-4 hours labour...........

got the feeling that they were trying to rip me off.............

think ill keep looking.....
        OUCHHH.!!!!!!!!!!
        SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

Slim, (thats my nickname too)

You are about 75 minutes away from me at Market Rasen, try a company called custom performance (http://www.customperformance.co.uk) they are 5 miles from me. The chap you need to speak to is called Den and their prices are very good. If you call him just tell him that the guy with the hovercraft sent you He needs to get something in return for doing me a set of pipes for nothing
          Cheers

Simon

MPG? Don't you mean GPM.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon811
            Slim, (thats my nickname too)

You are about 75 minutes away from me at Market Rasen, try a company called custom performance (http://www.customperformance.co.uk) they are 5 miles from me. The chap you need to speak to is called Den and their prices are very good. If you call him just tell him that the guy with the hovercraft sent you He needs to get something in return for doing me a set of pipes for nothing

thanks for the contact m8 will give him a bell some point next week.......

will let u know what the results are.................

Comment

that is so cheap

i have a poxy puegeot expert van and the cat is rattling this morning i got a quote for replacement as its got its first mot next week.
              how much do you think for a std replacement "not from peugeot". from a local zorst centre.

god i'm glad i have an import if this i what the french cost to run,
              btw spent the weekend in s.o.t. with caravan got 17 to the gallon had no overheat probs atall even on Whiston's 1in10 hill (viscous fan mod worth doing)

oh i forgot.

£800.00 plus fitting for the exhaust

now that is a rip off.
              hope it makes you all feel better
              john
              Last edited by mud skipper; 28 March 2008, 14:27.
              Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

i aint worryied about pick as the info is in the yellow pages and the reg is avail. for all to see especially to the local speed cams, plus every driver across North Wales has seen it unless he /she was asleep.

further more its not mine and it a free add
                john
                Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Re

Nah mate that is far far too dear!

Mine were £350 and took about 3.5 hours from start to finish.

Check it out here!

Code:
                  http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=16927&highlight=stainless+pipes
                  Best thing to do is tell 'em to go poke themselves and find it cheaper!

I played one powerflow dealer off against another and promised them a good review to get them business.

Later!

Gary

Comment

Working...
                  X