Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 31" Colways?

Hi,
    After ordering new tyres for my Surf (265/70 15) i received 31x10.5 15's. i was told these are an alternative! Will these fit ok without any lift modifications??
    Cheers,
    www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Yup! no worries.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Yup! no worries.
      Excellent news 'Bushwacker' i'll be gettin them fitted tmrw then.
      (and tryin' them out as well ) Was just worried about rubbing on full lock and arch clearence.
      Cheers.

Comment

Hope you're changing all 4?

They are an alternative, but they're ever so slightly a different size.
        It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
          Hope you're changing all 4?

They are an alternative, but they're ever so slightly a different size.
          Yeah,changing the lot,bought the Surf knowing it was gonna need new tyres,(looks like it's runnin on inner tubes just now!). Just went for the A/T ones so should make a good difference.
          Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by smithsurf
            Hi,
            After ordering new tyres for my Surf (265/70 15) i received 31x10.5 15's. i was told these are an alternative! Will these fit ok without any lift modifications??
            Cheers,
            I ran mine on these and they rubbed on the inner wheel arch on the front at full lock, easily remedied, let it rub a few times then just cut the plastic away where it rubs.
            Now I Have Grown Up, I Need A Grown Up Tonker Toy!

Comment

had colways myself... lasted well (still got them in garage)... AT's probably the better choise as the MTs are a little noisy which gets annoying on a long journey!

they were sliced to bits from off roading and only ever had one go flat, which was fixed just by re-seating the bead!

well worth the money!... (unless you paid too much for them of course!)
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                had colways myself... lasted well (still got them in garage)... AT's probably the better choise as the MTs are a little noisy which gets annoying on a long journey!

they were sliced to bits from off roading and only ever had one go flat, which was fixed just by re-seating the bead!

well worth the money!... (unless you paid too much for them of course!)
                They were 45 a corner and that was delivered,balanced and fitted. i know their not the best,but cheap to replace and functional. only do about 6k a year on them (2k of that on forestry roads) so should last ok. Got them on today and look good. no sign of rubbing so far,will take a longer test drive tmrw.

Comment

Originally posted by smithsurf
                  They were 45 a corner and that was delivered,balanced and fitted. i know their not the best,but cheap to replace and functional. only do about 6k a year on them (2k of that on forestry roads) so should last ok. Got them on today and look good. no sign of rubbing so far,will take a longer test drive tmrw.

Should last long if your only running that much. I use em for off-roading, general day use and had them on the vehicle for nearly two years now. Still plenty of tread on em and they've had some abuse. No rubbing on full lock!!
                  Gaz

Comment

Working...
                  X