Idling speed for 3.0 lt W/ automatic Transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idling speed for 3.0 lt W/ automatic Transmission

Gud Day, I recently bought a 1995 Hilux Surf SSR-X 3.0 TD with auto Transmission, I observed that the Idling speed is at 1000 RPM w/ the aircon off and about 1100 to 1150 RPM with the aircon on. would like to ask if any of you there owners of 3.0 1kz-TE engine surfs w/ Automatic transmission have this idling speed? if not so, I would like to know what Idling speed your Surfs are having and what might possibly be the cause of this quite high idling speed. Just popped up the hood and checked the throotle stop pin position and it is at the position where the throtttle would barely touch the pin. also newly replaced the air, fuel and oil filters. any suggestions would be gladly appreciated.

Mine idles at about 750rpm. Don't know if there's any differences between 2nd & 3rd Gen on idling speed, but I don't see why there should be - same engine, after all.
    Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Says 800 in manual and mine seems to like it like that.........

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD
        Says 800 in manual and mine seems to like it like that.........

Yep, join the club
        Gaz

Comment

got mine idling smoothly at 700 after new head
          TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

another 800
            [COLOR=DarkOrange]ONLY STUPID PEOPLE THINK

Comment

Mines about 750 too.

might be the Burgandy ones idle at 750......... and everything else at 800
              Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

might be the Burgandy ones idle at 750.........
                Yes def. slower

Comment

O.k. thanks for Sharing your info's. Would Like to ask what could possibly be wrong with my Truck Idling at this Fast speed? Brought it to my Local Mechanic and he said that this was due to an Electronic thingy Involving the ECU of some sort, anyone who can shine some bright ideas on this? Thanks

Comment

Could be the TPS (throttle position sensor) playing up?

http://www.afm15.dial.pipex.com/surf...20Location.pdf

Comment

Thanks for the info, Just yesterday i went to my uncles home and he advised me to see his mechanic who was a certified Mercedes benz and BMW mechanic. well 1st he thought that this was due to the EGR valve getting stuck at the open position. we eventually removed the EGR valve , Cleaned it with some Unleaded Fuel and a brush to get all of the carbon deposits out. Reinstalled the EGR valve and started the engine and.......... Problem is still there, He then next went to the electronic throttle sensor. and There it was!!!! Somebody before placed the adjustable throttle pin advanced. The mechanic (Reuben as he was called by the way) Then Adjusted the setting back to zero, installed the Electronic throttle sensor back and started the engine... and Wow was it good to hear the engine sound running at 750 rpm's, turned the aircon on and sounded at a sweet 800 to 850 rpm's whew!!! thought that this problem could never be solved. Thanks for the info on the throttle position sensor, now my surf's running good and no longer sounds like a generator at idle..

Comment

hi there could you please advise how to check the throttle sensor

Originally posted by kathyafety
                        Thanks for the info, Just yesterday i went to my uncles home and he advised me to see his mechanic who was a certified Mercedes benz and BMW mechanic. well 1st he thought that this was due to the EGR valve getting stuck at the open position. we eventually removed the EGR valve , Cleaned it with some Unleaded Fuel and a brush to get all of the carbon deposits out. Reinstalled the EGR valve and started the engine and.......... Problem is still there, He then next went to the electronic throttle sensor. and There it was!!!! Somebody before placed the adjustable throttle pin advanced. The mechanic (Reuben as he was called by the way) Then Adjusted the setting back to zero, installed the Electronic throttle sensor back and started the engine... and Wow was it good to hear the engine sound running at 750 rpm's, turned the aircon on and sounded at a sweet 800 to 850 rpm's whew!!! thought that this problem could never be solved. Thanks for the info on the throttle position sensor, now my surf's running good and no longer sounds like a generator at idle..
                        hi could you please help on how to check the throttle sensor and set to zero? is it an easy job?.......mines funny as one day when you start car it sits around 750 but when ever you start after the first time it goes to around 950 to 1000 i press the idle up switch then down and she may go down to 800 but its a pain in the ass .............................e very day anyways could anyone help thankyou apart from that shes superb

Comment

Working...
                        X