Rusty Landys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chillitt
    i do like the look of the heaters in that bus....
    (my sheds are screwed...!)
    They will certainly keep you warm in the back, Chillitt.

Screwed, does that mean they are f***ed??
    Last edited by M35A2; 5 January 2006, 17:46.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
      Agreed, and most of us were brought up on various exploits... of people from those special places around the UK... and those exploits of the Camel Trophy folks...

But, on the grapevine... The Cobra LSV (or sand rails for the rest of us) were not strong enough for anything really serious... this is something certain departments are currently looking at...

http://www.scorpion4x4.com/

Comment

This has all gone well off the topic of rusting Discoveries, no wonder those Landys in the pics are mint, they are museum pieces.
        French fishing at it's best www.mayennefishing.com

Comment

Problem is people think that they are indestructible... then they realise that they are just the same as any other 'toy', they need constant tinkering and fiddling...

Just down to personal preference which shape/colour/flavour you choose.

As for those 'working' vehicles... that is always in a state of flux. Built for purpose or adapted... Always liked the pink panthers... and the latter 130's the SAS used... but when you compare to the commercial versions they just bare passing resemblance...

That is why I like the Pinzgauers and the Scorpions... Form following function...

But Camel Trophy 110's and an uncles tractor (when very young) is what gave me a preference for something 'agricultural'...

Originally posted by Pauleds
          This has all gone well off the topic of rusting Discoveries, no wonder those Landys in the pics are mint, they are museum pieces.

Comment

every land rover whether it be a defender or a rangy sport will go back to the main dealer under warranty in its first 3 years of life
            the figure for warranty returns with Toyota (what ever model) is very low.
            this is from an ex toyota employee that now works for a l/r main dealer.
            says a lot for the brits
            i wish the brits vehicles were as reliable as johny foreigners
            Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

[QUOTE=M35A2]I agree. But I'm not talking about Range Rovers or Discoverys. I am talking about "proper" Land Rovers. Step up the Land Rover Defender.

Even the new Defenders are easy to work on. Yes they have now got complex electrics. But the rolling chassis is still the same as is the bodywork.

[QUOTE]

Glad you agree about the newer engines. I had look in my bosses new 2004 TD5 Defender engine bay -the electronics in there make my 1993 Surf look positively ancient! The chassis and body panels are nearly the same as his previous Defender- but it looks like LR have made some safety changes to bring the car up to the newer standards. He also owns a historic 1965 Serries 2A diesel pick up- which CAN be fixed with a hammer and screwdriver.

Comment

Yeah, those days are gone...

Comment

Working...
                X