Big UP to Autoglass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big UP to Autoglass

Mot is due next week so I decided to bite the bullet and get my windscreen changed as there were 2 massive stone chips that had started to run.

I got Autoglass in Bournemouth to do it, phoned them up last Thursday and booked an appointment for Saturday.

They turned up early and with the correct screen first time ! took them only 45 mins to do the job , they didn't bend or snap the silver trim either.

Top class job all round , except they ran off with my forum sticker which was on the old screen.

Andy.

hmmmm

Now that suprised me,

I had them change a screen following a re-spray, and they made a pigs ear of it, denying responsibilty/blaming sprayer along the way.

I woulden't touch the again with a ruined chrome trim
    let alone a bargepole.

glad they sorted yours ok though

Comment

they did mine and made a great job of it. cant fault them

Comment

Theyr'e a national company, so they cant' all be bad.

My local branch (see my profile) however, seem to be staffed by
        people who are either lacking training or simply lacking interest in their trade.

I only used them since they were in yellow pages, and I knew nothing bad about them, still you live and learn.

pretty expensive windscreen change though which I could have done without.

Comment

Think they did mine too.

Asked them to be carefull of the trim as I had read about it on other postings and they did.
          Can't fault the job done, apart from the missing forum badge.

Steve

Comment

Autoglass did a top job on mine and saved the chrome trim. The guy took three hours to do a superb job. Couldn't fault him.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phoned to have mine replaced on or about 24th November and still waiting.

They had no idea how to order the new trim, I had to give them the part numbers.

And I'm still ****** waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Jotto
                Phoned to have mine replaced on or about 24th November and still waiting.

They had no idea how to order the new trim, I had to give them the part numbers.

And I'm still ****** waiting.
                They can refit your old trim. There are three of us now that have had new screens and the old trim put back on. We will have to come down for a screen fitting party and stand over the guy to make sure he does it properly.
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

Autoglass in Basingstoke are brilliant. When my wife had her XJS convertible she had the screen cracked by a stone which also damaged the stainless trim that covers the screen pillars. It is also not obvious how the screen comes out so they phoned around the company and got a bloke to come up to Basingstoke from the South Coast, Portsmouth or Bournemouth I think, because he had done one before. They also rejected the first pattern screen that they were sent due to poor quality and fit and insisted on fitting a genuine Jaguar one - thank God the insurance company were paying as it was over £650!! They also replaced the damaged trim.
                  All this was done in one day and the car was ready for collection on time.
                  Can't say fairer than that!
                  Keith

Comment

£250 and two wrong screens later and the job was done. They even gave me a tinted one. NICE!!!

Comment

Yeah!... UP THE GLASS!!
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                      X