• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re-spray

how much would it cost to get 1991 ssr surf re-sprayed

Originally posted by safysurfer
    Hard one to answer really, different spray shops will have different prices and different skills.
    I had a beach buggy resprayed, total cost £ 800, on the otherhand I had a Kawasaki ZZR1100 resprayed and that cost £1800.
    Best advice...... phone round for quotes, but expect to pay something like £1000 for a very good respray.
    Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosinDevon
      Hard one to answer really, different spray shops will have different prices and different skills.
      I had a beach buggy resprayed, total cost £ 800, on the otherhand I had a Kawasaki ZZR1100 resprayed and that cost £1800.
      Best advice...... phone round for quotes, but expect to pay something like £1000 for a very good respray.
      whoa dude, what the hell did you have done to the ZZR for that sort of money ???

Comment

Originally posted by Planty
        whoa dude, what the hell did you have done to the ZZR for that sort of money ???
        I had the tank chrome plated and the paint was done in BMW midnite black with a metal flake flip flop laquer.
        Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Comment

I got quoted 1000 to 1200 - I gave up at that point.

Comment

Really difficult to say without seeing the truck.

A good condition truck, with no damage to repair, not much to strip off (no decals, no fancy mods or anything) we'd probably quote between £600-900.

Add some dents to fill/remove, rust to weld, decals off and replace, and some other complications, probably closer to £1500.

If you were changing the colour, then that's a different score all together (if you wanted it done properly) as you have to paint inside all the door shuts, under the bonnet, etc etc.

Often you'd have to get new mouldings (if there are any) as they don't refix well once removed.

Best advice is to get a few quotes from local bodyshops, and try and ask some people about reputation, as you don't wanna shell out for a respray and have it come back a different colour altogether...
            _______
            /_/ _ | 0\__
            \,...__,..._ /
            _(o)__(o)_

Comment

Originally posted by ecosurf
              as you don't wanna shell out for a respray and have it come back a different colour altogether...
              Or maybe you do!!!
              It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
                Or maybe you do!!!
                That depends on what colour it is now

He could have brought a YELLOW surf !!!!!!!!

Trev
                Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Don't forget, if you can flash the pound notes you will get a much bigger 'discount'

Cheers, Nick
                  "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nick V
                    Don't forget, if you can flash the pound notes you will get a much bigger 'discount'
                    Good advice that.
                    _______
                    /_/ _ | 0\__
                    \,...__,..._ /
                    _(o)__(o)_

Comment

As they say, Hard one to answer, If this is any help it cost me 1,500 quid
                      for a colour change on a mk 2 granada estate and thats with me stripping everything off it inc glass so all they had to do was prep it and paint, It
                      would have been 2.250 if they did it that was their quote before i offered to
                      strip it, This was about four years ago, youll save a bit more if you supply the paint as well thats primer, base, colour and laquer, their apt to load the price of paint as well, Get a lot of quotes, Good luck, Ian.
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

thanks for the advice mates, she is green all thou it says grey on din plate
                        its the lacker . you just have to give it a sharp look a its scratched. got one little rust bit on the door thats all realy will shop round a bit.

Comment

Any luck?

thanks for the advice mates, she is green all thou it says grey on din plate
                          its the lacker . you just have to give it a sharp look a its scratched. got one little rust bit on the door thats all realy will shop round a bit.
                          You have any luck with this? did you get a respray? If so how much did it cost? I'm looking at a respray myself. Got any pics?
                          Member of the 115,000k club

Comment

Thats an old post, obviously never got it done or he'd have been back showing it off,
                            The Lang-Shanket would have done a reasonably priced spray job for him,
                            sod paying £1500 +
                            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Re

Do you know anywhere that'll do you a "Blow Over"?

I used to get this done when I lived in Goodmayes!

You do all the prep, sanding, filling and masking etc. wheel it in and they blow over the paint and laquer!

Cheap as chips!

Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X