Veg-Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veg-Oil

Hi Surfers,read a bit obout veg-oil. But do you have to convert your car or can you just start using it. I have a Diesel car at the moment just wondered.
    Thanks and welcome to the new year .

Originally posted by Scorp
    Hi Surfers,read a bit obout veg-oil. But do you have to convert your car or can you just start using it. I have a Diesel car at the moment just wondered.
    Thanks and welcome to the new year .
    Try this mate, tells you all you want to know and more http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=15893
    Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

If the link don't work (it won't for me) its the second thread down on the general forum
      Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

veg- oil continued.

Originally posted by paulh
        If the link don't work (it won't for me) its the second thread down on the general forum

Hi again.Thanks for link Paul, sorry for being a bit thick but ive read bits of that link about veg-oil and my heads done in. So can i just add 1 L veg-oil to 1 L diesel, put it in my car it will run? Its been a long weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by paulh
          Fixed it for you.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

you can just put veg oil straight in,ive have been for a few weeks now.but i dont do 1:1 veg-diesel as im not sure how it will cope with the cold weather.at the mo i put in 12-15 ltrs of veg then fill up on diesel and it runs fine.i dare say you might be able to run a stronger mix but i dont wana risk it as im not a (dare i say it!) qualified chemist/mechanic.i just plaster.mainly skimming!

Comment

Originally posted by a.plasterer
              you can just put veg oil straight in,ive have been for a few weeks now.but i dont do 1:1 veg-diesel as im not sure how it will cope with the cold weather.at the mo i put in 12-15 ltrs of veg then fill up on diesel and it runs fine.i dare say you might be able to run a stronger mix but i dont wana risk it as im not a (dare i say it!) qualified chemist/mechanic.i just plaster.mainly skimming!

Thanks Nick, Hey i will need a good plasterer soon 4 my extension, but i think its a bit too far to travel to Newcastle.
              Thanks for the info & Happy New Year.

Comment

Working...
              X