SHOCK it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHOCK it

I greased all my nipples again today, and fitted a new fog light as the old one was letting in water.

Noticed my N/S rear Shock is fuc**d. Loosing oil like Bunsfield oil depot. So what to do now? I can get an original one (well a pair) or get some aftermarket ones. I have the hard/soft suspension on my truck. Does this only work on the front shocks? ( too cold to have a look now, and didn't bother when out)

Are the shocks easy to change when fitted with the hard/soft set up???

They are fairly easy to change, just a bit fiddly and mostly by feel regarding the solenoids on the top. but seeing as your old shocks are foobard, you can just grip the shafts with molegrips or stilsons to get the top nut undone. Get yourself some Procomp ES 3000 shocks, they're only £35 each, and they'll be fitted ready for when you do your suspension lift.
    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 29 December 2005, 18:42.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      They are fairly easy to change, just a bit fiddly and mostly by feel regarding the solenoids on the top. but seeing as your old shocks are foobard, you can just grip the shafts with molegrips or stilsons to get the top nut undone. Get yourself some Procomp ES 3000 shocks, they're only £35 each, and they'll be fitted ready for when you do your suspension lift.

Hello Vince, how are you mate??

Mmmmm......... Suspension lift. I jacked the front off the ground so I could move the wheels to get at the swivel grease points. She looked awesome. But the drive shafts didn't at the angle they were at. Wish it was that jacked up all the time.

If I get aftermarket shocks, what do I do with the solenoids for the hard/soft. Can they be removed easily??

Comment

They're held on with two small nuts if I remember, and the cables just unplug. I taped the open end up thats left on the truck to keep water out, and chucked the solenoids in the bin 'cos obviously they won't work on the Procomp shocks.
        For the front of my truck, I'm gonna get some balljoint spacers to reduce the angle of the drive shafts when I lift the front end properly.

I'm very well thanks for asking.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
          I greased all my nipples again today, and fitted a new fog light as the old one was letting in water.

Noticed my N/S rear Shock is fuc**d. Loosing oil like Bunsfield oil depot. So what to do now? I can get an original one (well a pair) or get some aftermarket ones. I have the hard/soft suspension on my truck. Does this only work on the front shocks? ( too cold to have a look now, and didn't bother when out)

Are the shocks easy to change when fitted with the hard/soft set up???
          Toyota quoted me £185 (+ Labour +VAT) for ONE adjustable shock. When I'd finished laughing I ordered a complete 2" lift kit from LA Supertrux for not much more.....

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
            Toyota quoted me £185 (+ Labour +VAT) for ONE adjustable shock. When I'd finished laughing I ordered a complete 2" lift kit from LA Supertrux for not much more.....

How much?????????????????????????? ?????????????/

Have you got there website?

Just called my mate at Toyota. He can supply the original Hard/Soft shocks for £106.08 each INC vat. So that's £212.16 for new rear Genuine shocks. Bloo*y expensive.
            Last edited by M35A2; 30 December 2005, 15:00.

Comment

Working...
            X