Well truck me, I got a SURF!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well truck me, I got a SURF!

Hey y'all. Just a quick note to say I now have my Surf! Been a long time looking, and a real pain since I sold my old car in August (in an attempt to force myself to get one). Worth the wait though, I am SO pleased with it!

It's a 1991 2.4 SSR Limited, in greeny-grey. Has a 4" bodylift, big-ass 33" tyres and is sitting proudly on my driveway with mud up the sides as we speak! I know it's an old one, and everyone loves the 3rd gen 3 litres, but we all have to start somewhere, and I'm just so happy with it.

My plans for her? I'm getting some of those mud-proof floor mats from Roughtrax. A boot liner. Respray the arches (bit chipped, weren't primed properly when they were painted). New Toyota badge on the front. New Cyrstal headlamps. Newer style rear lamps. New fog lamps. A big car cover to keep the ice off in the mornings (and keep her warm, bless). Waterproof seat covers (for those "jump in the truck while wearing your wetsuit to get to a better beach" situations). I'm gonna get the windows tinted too. Nothing major mechanically, she seems all safe and sound, but I'm gonna get my mechanic to look over her and make sure all the brakes and everything are OK. Oh, and a new tax disc holder.

To summerise:
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOO!

KK's new baby

I'll post more (and better quality, took this on my phone) pictures once I've got her all sorted out.
    _______
    /_/ _ | 0\__
    \,...__,..._ /
    _(o)__(o)_

Looks good!
    Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

looks a nice truck hope you enjoy it
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Looks good enough as it is.......will give you a wave if I see you around Oxford.....

Comment

nice truck m8 have fun

Comment

Nice truck mate . It'll look great on the beach or with lots of mud on it
            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Nice truck mate. I will keep my eye out for you, as I only live down the road.

Comment

Sweet mate, did i mention that i only have 2 weeks and 2 days to wait for my 93 3.0 now? I'm sure i must have mentioned it elsewhere
                Cheers

Simon

MPG? Don't you mean GPM.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon811
                  Sweet mate, did i mention that i only have 2 weeks and 2 days to wait for my 93 3.0 now? I'm sure i must have mentioned it elsewhere
                  Yeah, I think I may have read that somewhere before...

Thanks for your comments guys. Can't wait to play now! Got lots of wiring and electric gizmos to install (got my iPod adaptor working on the old Jap stereo, so that's cool). No doubt I'll be asking all sorts of questions before long. Promise I'll use the search first though.

What does the little red button do...?!
                  _______
                  /_/ _ | 0\__
                  \,...__,..._ /
                  _(o)__(o)_

Comment

you have mail

echo check your mailbox mate ive mailed you
                    black n tan
                    black n tan
                    yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

argos do a decent cover... we got them free from work to save ours from lime when they were building a new DC

it's just a silver sheet with hooks on the corners, but covered mine almost completely apart from the headlights!
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                      X