HGV Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HGV Drivers

Has anyone heard about this new CPC test that ALL drivers AND operators are going to have to do??

something about it in Dec Truck & Driver... but that's the first i've heard!

doen't come in force till 2008, but i guess it'll be like WTD where nothing's done until 2 weeks after it starts!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

New one on me Matt must have been asleep in a lay by somewhere....

Well thats what these car drivers think we do if we could get in them for cars....
    Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

new one for me too... i'm not even sure that i've read it right!...
      but it says that ALL DRIVERS will have to do it... and there was a pic of some fella collectiand a certificate in NVQ level 2.

last time i looked at doing CPC, the book crippled the postman so we use it as a door stop now!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

We have 130 drivers at my depot, and I haven't heard bugg*r all about this. I reckon it is probably just talk!!

There is loads of things that are said and talked about.

Everyone is talking about this mandatory 45hr weekly rest that is supposed to be coming in the new year. But our company hasn't said zippo about it.

There are these digital tacho cards that are coming in as well. I know they are coming in, as I took a truck down to VOSA in Newbury for an MOT, and saw the info in the office. Apparently the company will have one, and the driver gets a personal one also. But for that, we have to pay for it, and it has to be renewed every 5 or 10yrs (I can't remember which)

I reckon if this does come in, it will be left to the company to train you up. I used to drive Tower Cranes (1989-92). When I started, you didn't need a licence, but when they brought the CITB in, I got mine by "Grandfather Rights".

Just another stealth tax. They bring this stuff in, and we have to pay for it

Comment

getting worse

its getting worse truck driving . and by 2009 you will be able to drive an artic at 18 years old lol ****** hell i dont trust an 18 year old on a moped let alone a 44 tonner . this is all down to the so called shortage of drivers blah blah . there is no shortage just no one wants to work 15 hour days for sod all so there all off doing something else . wich leaves plenty of room for the polish drivers that are everywhere now blimy im getting wound up here lol ok rant over
          black n tan
          black n tan
          yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Originally posted by slydog
            its getting worse truck driving . and by 2009 you will be able to drive an artic at 18 years old lol ****** hell i dont trust an 18 year old on a moped let alone a 44 tonner . this is all down to the so called shortage of drivers blah blah . there is no shortage just no one wants to work 15 hour days for sod all so there all off doing something else . wich leaves plenty of room for the polish drivers that are everywhere now blimy im getting wound up here lol ok rant over

Amen to that!!

Comment

didcot

didcot i got a 5am tip there in morning asdas
              black n tan
              black n tan
              yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

cpc test

http://www.mot2-ni.gov.uk/pdfs/Consultations/Conpapertranspositionfinal.pdf #search='cpc%20test%20lorry%20 drivers'

my other half a lorry driver and not heard of it, I found this on internet and it i am right and read it right !!!it is for new lorry drivers he has been driving lorries for over 30years, do they want him to take a competance tes!!!!! :

Comment

How will all this affect people with HGV's that currently don't use them . I have a class C but havent driven a big truck for 10 years .
                  www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by slydog
                    lithuanian (i think ) driver,for one of the catering companies at work, wasn't untill he had a crash that it was found his driving licence was fake. bad enough itself without the fact the crash was into an aircraft! and he had supposedly been fully security vetted!
                    Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

Originally posted by openback
                      lithuanian (i think ) driver,for one of the catering companies at work, wasn't untill he had a crash that it was found his driving licence was fake. bad enough itself without the fact the crash was into an aircraft! and he had supposedly been fully security vetted!

That's why this country is going down the pan. This happens everyday.

A Tesco's driver was telling me (Didcot depot) that Tescos employed about 90 Polish drivers. One of their Artics went "missing". It was full of wine and beer.

They found the truck empty, and have never seen the "driver" again......

Even my company has been to Poland to recruit drivers. They complain that they can't get enough drivers. But if they paid a decent wage, they would be fighting them out the yard.

The thing with these Eastern Europeans is that they are like the mafia. Give it 10yrs, and they wont work for peanuts like they do now. They will demand what they want, and if they wont get it, they will burn the place down. They, unlike the British, aren't affraid to break the law to get what they want....

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                        That's why this country is going down the pan. This happens everyday.

A Tesco's driver was telling me (Didcot depot) that Tescos employed about 90 Polish drivers. One of their Artics went "missing". It was full of wine and beer.

They found the truck empty, and have never seen the "driver" again......

Even my company has been to Poland to recruit drivers. They complain that they can't get enough drivers. But if they paid a decent wage, they would be fighting them out the yard.

The thing with these Eastern Europeans is that they are like the mafia. Give it 10yrs, and they wont work for peanuts like they do now. They will demand what they want, and if they wont get it, they will burn the place down. They, unlike the British, aren't affraid to break the law to get what they want....
                        But then companies like mine will pay agencies extortionate rates for drivers to do stupid o clock starts, and then still complain that they can't get drivers when their own drivers are paid £1 - £2 an hour less at least. If you know what I mean... waffle, ramble, etc... Too much time on my own

Comment

Working...
                        X