yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunflower, Vegetable, Extra Virgin Olive Oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunflower, Vegetable, Extra Virgin Olive Oil?

I'm stuck at work today with nothing to do, so I thought I'd clog up my favourite forum with all the questions I've wanted to ask but never dared to.

I've been testing SVO in my truck and have noticed no change in performance using a 30% Vege 70% Derv mix.

With the cost of Vege Oil and the C&E duty, it works out only about 3p cheaper per litre than straight Diesel. As much as I like the fact that I am reducing my carbon emissions and therefore saving the planet, my real reason for using vege is $£$£$£

Can other oils be used instead of Vegetable? Sunflower is a lot cheaper than Vege. Can I use that?

And here's a thought - does the exhaust smell change with different oils? Vege smells like a chippie, maybe Olive Oil would smell like a Paella or Spaghetti Bolognese?!

Where do you all buy your oil? What do you pay per litre?
    Just Vegging Out

Originally posted by dleach2103

Where do you all buy your oil? What do you pay per litre?
    We get it from the pub for free, filter it and toss it in. So it only costs the duty we declare on it.

If we run out its up to Costco for 20lts at about £8.99 last time we looked.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

sunflower is fine - the only ones to steer clear of are palm oil and corn oil as they tend to be too viscous.

Comment

Rape seed oil works fine and should be the cheapest - usually sold as 'cooking oil'
        £1.25 for 3 ltrs..Tesco or Asda......tesco pours better, no silly anti drip thingy in the spout!!
        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
        Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
          no silly anti drip thingy in the spout!!
          I had one batch of them from Sainsbury's, soon grabbed a screwdriver to prise em off !!!!!!

I do NOT want to see the bill for anyone who decides to fill up with Extra Virgin Olive Oil !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trev
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Olive oil works best in Fiat diesels.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
              Olive oil works best in Fiat diesels.
              surely she works better in Popeyes kitchen?
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
              X