No announcement yet.

Snow Warnings Issued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know, its kinda depressing how 1" of snow even warrents a weather warning, other countrys who get proper snow must think we're real pussys.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      You know, its kinda depressing how 2" of snow even warrents a weather warning, other countrys who get proper snow must think we're real pussys.
      Meow !!!
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        You know, its kinda depressing how 1" of snow even warrents a weather warning, other countrys who get proper snow must think we're real pussys.

I find it hilarious that here in Wales, especially the high ground, the local authorities receive a weeks notice that snow and ice are on the way with freezing temeratures in between, and yet when it arrives they are totally unprepared and state that they were caught "unawares"

p.s. Why is there no W****rs smilie?

Comment

[QUOTE=laser_jock99]Well- the good news is there's more on the way:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/.../warnings.html

[b]Current warnings:

EARLY WARNING OF SEVERE WEATHER

Just used that link and it says no warning for Yorks and Lincs, just as well as I'm driving my daughter and family to Bridlington tomorrow for the new year,
          keeping my fingers crossed, might be very interesting
          Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

We just got a bit of a dusting here in Warks- main snowfall is predicted for after midnight so fingers crossed for some fun driving tomorrow am.

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
              We just got a bit of a dusting here in Warks- main snowfall is predicted for after midnight so fingers crossed for some fun driving tomorrow am.
              ....big bl**dy disapointment as usual here in Warks- it just rained all night. Ho-hum.

Comment

[QUOTE=paulh]
                Originally posted by laser_jock99
                Well- the good news is there's more on the way:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/.../warnings.html

[b]Current warnings:

EARLY WARNING OF SEVERE WEATHER

Just used that link and it says no warning for Yorks and Lincs, just as well as I'm driving my daughter and family to Bridlington tomorrow for the new year,
                keeping my fingers crossed, might be very interesting

Great fun, left Sheffield at 10-30am pouring with rain, got to end of M62 and ran into the snow, by the time I got to Brid the roads were white over, held down to about 15/20 mph for the last 20 or so miles mostly by slow vehicles.
                Anyway set off back at 1pm and decided to go via the A614, not having seen the reports that about 200 vehicles had been stranded on there all morning.
                Suddenly I'm confronted with 3 cones across the westbound lane, no signs at all so I went round them and carried on finished up ploughing through 12/18" of snow where all the stranded vehicles had been, hardly another car on the road till I met up with 2 ITV News satellite vans who followed me for many miles till we got to the M62.
                All in all a great day out Surf took it all in its stride and never flinched.
                BRING ON THE NEXT LOT
                Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Big ****** disappointment here too. I left Buckingham at 9PM last night and it was snowing well. Got just South of Milton Keynes and no snow. Got up for a wee-wee at 2AM. No snow.

Got up this morning at 5:20, still no ****** snow. Felt a right pillock when I arrived at work at 7:30 with the recovery rope wrapped round the A-bar, shovel and wellies in the back. Even had 1.5L of drinking water and cheese and crackers.

I remember hearing a weatherman saying that clairvoyants, mediums and the like are just confidence tricksters.
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

Ever wondered why clairvoyants don't win the lotto?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      I hate it when they keep smiling. I want to give them a good slap. Is that why they say you should, "Strike a happy medium.?"
                      It's only a hobby!

Comment

no fecking snow here either, loads on the tele, but none here...just rain....

Comment

Half an inch for about 2 hours then it melted Bu***R
                          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                            If they were any good you wouldn't have to make an appointment to see them would you!

I went shooting yesterday (Thursday 29th) near Tenderten, thought there might be a bit of snow but not much. Dream on! About 4-6" and the farmer had been doing some serious ploughing, how I didn't break an ankle is a mystery! Had the right gear on so didn't get cold till about 3:30ish. I left the Surf at home (Wife doesn't like blood in the back and the smell of it send dogs mad) and took Landy. Anyone who has ever had an ex military 1970's Landy will tell you 2 things, the heater is all in the mind and the are f***ing drafty, I was frozen by the time I'd done the 60 miles home. Only need 4wd once as well to get out of the entrance to a field (didn't go in too far as the plough furrows were very deep & I couldn't see where they were).
                            Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Working...
                            X