Too Spooky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Spooky

It's been a spooky day today. Went out shopping and Mrs KS discovered my secret stash of money, which of course got spent on Christmas necessities (are the shops closing for a month?)
    I had a pound left and decided to get a lucky dip for the lottery. The machine spat out the same six numbers that I usually do. What are the odds on that happening? Got to be at least 14,000,000 -1

Today I decided to kick Trend PC Security into touch after I found, with the aid of a free online check from another internet security outfit, 28 files with viruses and about 60 items of spyware. I then downloaded and paid for their product online. When I checked my mail I had been sent an offer from NTL of free security software!!! DOH!
    It's only a hobby!

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
    It's been a spooky day today. Went out shopping and Mrs KS discovered my secret stash of money, which of course got spent on Christmas necessities (are the shops closing for a month?)
    I had a pound left and decided to get a lucky dip for the lottery. The machine spat out the same six numbers that I usually do. What are the odds on that happening? Got to be at least 14,000,000 -1

Today I decided to kick Trend PC Security into touch after I found, with the aid of a free online check from another internet security outfit, 28 files with viruses and about 60 items of spyware. I then downloaded and paid for their product online. When I checked my mail I had been sent an offer from NTL of free security software!!! DOH!

NTL security firewall software [Netguard] is pants!...Try getting something like Norton Internet Security Suite...yes some spyware and adware will always get through your software otherwise you will never be able to do anything [see piccies, sign up to furms etc as total clamp down will ban this also].

Best is to get software like this and Ad-aware from lavasoft and spybot S & D.
    Gaz

Comment

my uncle had 6 numbers on the lottery once... but he doesn't enter on wednesdays!... gutted!!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
        NTL security firewall software [Netguard] is pants!...Try getting something like Norton Internet Security Suite...yes some spyware and adware will always get through your software otherwise you will never be able to do anything [see piccies, sign up to furms etc as total clamp down will ban this also].

Best is to get software like this and Ad-aware from lavasoft and spybot S & D.
        if you go to www.downloads.com you can download spybot s/d for free as well as tons of other goodies.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

My old man got 5 numbers and missed the sixth by two. Got £1,800.

I buy 5, 1 in 4 chance of winning scratchcards and get zippo.

Comment

Working...
          X