Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed - rear section exhaust 3.0TD Mk2

Morning Surfers,

Just arrived in Pembroke last night and found that the rear section of the exhaust had sheered off where it joined the section before it (causing a nice carpet burn and some unsettled dogs)

Anyway, only place here on Christmas eve is ATS and they do not have anything listed, although willing to get something in for next week (we need to go home end 28th/29th

Question is then, will rear tail sections from anything else fit the surf, e.g. hilux pick-up, landcruiser etc? or does anyone know somewhere else to try within a short trip of Pembroke?

Cheers fellows!

If you find an exhaust fitting place, they should be able to fabricate an exhaust section.

Comment

I can only suggest a temprary repair to get you home . Would it be possible to sleeve the 2 ends with a piece of split pipe and clamp both with u clamps . Or a piece of exhaust flexy ?
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
        I can only suggest a temprary repair to get you home . Would it be possible to sleeve the 2 ends with a piece of split pipe and clamp both with u clamps . Or a piece of exhaust flexy ?

Try one for the 4runner
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

exhaust mod get you home

your truck is turbo charged so it wont be very loud without tail section
          so when its cooled down cut it off then drive home with your heater on fresh air and your font windows down about an inch should do the trick good luck n merry xmass golly gone

Comment

Thanks for the tips all

Unfortuneately the tail section has broken right at the flange so I can not sleeve or temp bandage it

Also, it is left pointing up at the underside of the rear compartment, right where the dogs are held and there was such a hot spot that it melted the carpet and one of the dog beds on top of it, so can't really head home until it is at least pointing downwards!

So ATS are getting one in from a 3.0TD landcruiser and seeing if they can mod it, also got a guy in Narbeth contacting me Wednesday as the place he gets imported parts from was shut Christmas Eve

I guess the important thing is to ensure it is the same diameter as the rest of the system and the rest is just going to be routing it?
            Lastly, either Milners or Roughtrax was closed until after new year but I could get the one that is not closed to next day it down and get ATS to fit it if no other luck

The good news is I can drink as much as I want as no driving

Merry Christmas All (or happy nondenominational festivities to be pc)

Comment

Try Toyota for the Genuine rear box. Don't know how long it would take to order one in though.

Comment

Working...
              X