Well Gutted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Gutted

Finaly grew a pair and stripped the dash! This is to fit the stereo sort the
    instrument lights and fit gauges (when i get em) switches and wireing etc,
    Now i can see whats behind i can decide where to put stuff, I've decided to
    loose the two centre air ducts and that silly cup holder (if anyone wants it
    give me a shout), Made a plate to take 3 gauges and 7 switches to go where the vents were and just hope it looks ok when finished, Should be able to just remove it to fit stuff without stripping the dash again, I'll probably have
    more questions as i go along but for now just the following:-
    1. You guys that have fitted roof lights, Did you route your cables down the
    side pillars and if so did you have any major problems? I've done it before on many cars but only a couple of wires, I need to route possibly 12 cables down there for future lights leaving them in the headlining for now,
    2. Any one Fitted LEDs to the instrument pod?, Thinking of some blue ones
    but would like to add a few as its not very bright, Got a couple of sources on
    my favs list to get em from but wonderind if you added some how'd you do it?
    Drill holes in the back or what? I'll probably need help with wireing leds but i'll
    post on electrical for that!
    3.Heater controlls, Not sure what to do with that, Lights are green but it looks like its made
    green by coloured glass as opposed to the bulbs being green, Anyone
    changed these for leds, I've got at least one bulb gone in there but i havn't
    got it off yet so i can have a good poke about at it, Thats all the questions
    for now guys,
    Its looking good for the stereo though checked the pinouts from the loom
    through the iso to the stereo and it all checks out even the wires you have
    to join together is already done in the iso not that that makes much differance as the bl00dy airel never has worked, Cheers All,
    Merry christmas Ian
    Last edited by POPEYE; 23 December 2005, 20:58.
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

looking good Ian!

I wouldnt do the LED dash lights as Ive seen some poo results but you could fit what we had made in the USA?
    Attached Files
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
      looking good Ian!

I wouldnt do the LED dash lights as Ive seen some poo results but you could fit what we had made in the USA?
      now that looks good.... how much ? and from whom ?
      Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Comment

Here you go, order form is in the first post.
        All thanks go to UDTrev for organising these.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...indiglo+gauges

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Here you go, order form is in the first post.
          All thanks go to UDTrev for organising these.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...indiglo+gauges
          Thanx Vince.........bookmarked it, after crimbo is outta the way gonna get some, look great.

Comment

Dam Dam Dam!! I dont have a credit card and looks like theres no provision
            for cheaque's or whatever not that i could afford em yet, Looks great though!
            Might email them to see if they accept other forms of payment, Cheers,
            Ian
            oh and by the way, Good old vince!! Cheersm8
            Last edited by POPEYE; 23 December 2005, 22:40.

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
              Dam Dam Dam!! I dont have a credit card and looks like theres no provision
              for cheaque's or whatever not that i could afford em yet, Looks great though!
              Might email them to see if they accept other forms of payment, Cheers,
              Ian
              if we order at same time.... i'll get two sets you pay me.... just a suggestion like.

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosinDevon
                if we order at same time.... i'll get two sets you pay me.... just a suggestion like.
                Cheers m8, Depends when you intend to order, May not have the funds but if
                you let me know when your ordering i'll do my best to beg steal or borrow
                the cash, Got to have em!!, Wonder if they do anything for the heater
                controls?, Thanks and if you can let me know a couple of weeks before you
                order I can send you a cheque so you can get it cleared before you order,
                Once again Thanks and have a good christmas, Best wishes, Ian

Comment

Cheers m8, Depends when you intend to order, May not have the funds but if
                  you let me know when your ordering i'll do my best to beg steal or borrow
                  the cash, Got to have em!!, Wonder if they do anything for the heater
                  controls?, Thanks and if you can let me know a couple of weeks before you
                  order I can send you a cheque so you can get it cleared before you order,
                  Once again Thanks and have a good christmas, Best wishes, Ian
                  email me at chaosengine100@msn.com so we can exchange some details, I am thinking mid to late January ok ?
                  Have to help a fellow Pompey boy ....

Comment

Wicked Gauges.... Love the blue and red. But I have a question for you guys.

I notice on Dirtydogs Tacho has got a Turbo warning light on it. Mine hasn't, is there a reason for that? I own a 94 3lt SSRG. Should mine have that Turbo warning light on??

Comment

email me at chaosengine100@msn.com so we can exchange some details, I am thinking mid to late January ok ?
                      OK will do, will probably have to email via my son's pc as i can't email
                      on this (waiting for him to do something with a floppy disc or something, I
                      dont understand) A pompy boy eh!, What made you move from this
                      beautiful city hehe, Im actually from oldham (borne) but down here since a
                      month old, (Erm nineteen hundred and frozen to death), So suppose i
                      qualify as pompey, Will be in touch, Ian

Comment

I might be a bit thick at this time of night...but how much are they? is it $90 divided by 15 people or $90 each?

they look pretty cool...and I've had the dash out 3 times in 2 weeks trying to fit a new radio

Comment

Originally posted by chrislittle
                          I might be a bit thick at this time of night...but how much are they? is it $90 divided by 15 people or $90 each?

they look pretty cool...and I've had the dash out 3 times in 2 weeks trying to fit a new radio
                          I think its $90 each

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                            Wicked Gauges.... Love the blue and red. But I have a question for you guys.

I notice on Dirtydogs Tacho has got a Turbo warning light on it. Mine hasn't, is there a reason for that? I own a 94 3lt SSRG. Should mine have that Turbo warning light on??
                            Dont think its a warning light, just shows turbo is running!, pic taken when
                            engine was being reved to show effect,

Comment

Dont think its a warning light, just shows turbo is running!, pic taken when
                              engine was being reved to show effect,

Should mine have one fitted though? I have a female friend with a Surf 3.0lt, and I'm sure hers hasn't got one either.

Comment

Working...
                              X