X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take Care When Wading

http://www.pavementsucks.com/forums/...hp?topic=84810
    It's only a hobby!

Damn - that's a bottomless pit, swallows your truck whole! That sort of brings back memories
    Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

If in doubt, get out!!

1st rule of crossing water obsticals in the Army is: "Oi you, get out and walk that water and see how deep it is"

You definitely get wet in the Army. Your job is to die, seeing how deep the water is. They can afford to loose you, but not a 8X6 DROPS. And at the end, if you have hidden to try and stay dry, you are ordered to throw yourself in. Can't have anyone being dry, that's for puss**s!!

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
        If in doubt, get out!!

1st rule of crossing water obsticals in the Army is: "Oi you, get out and walk that water and see how deep it is"

You definitely get wet in the Army. Your job is to die, seeing how deep the water is. They can afford to loose you, but not a 8X6 DROPS. And at the end, if you have hidden to try and stay dry, you are ordered to throw yourself in. Can't have anyone being dry, that's for puss**s!!
        LOL, so the next time I come up to a puddle and I don't know how deep it is I'm to make the missus jump out and walk through it...!!!! And if she hides, then I have to make her swim in it. Got it
        Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
          LOL, so the next time I come up to a puddle and I don't know how deep it is I'm to make the missus jump out and walk through it...!!!! And if she hides, then I have to make her swim in it. Got it
          Careful Snoop or she will relegate you to the MX5 !!!!!

Trev
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop

He,he......

It goes like this;

"Darling, can you get out and see how deep the water is?"

Missus
            "Why"

You
            "well, as I need to drive the truck, I can't do it, I need to follow up behind you. If you get a long stick, that will help you".

missus
            "Oh, ok. But if I get wet, you aint getting any tonight"

You
            "Well, I will have to make sure you stay dry then"

Then get a rope, tie it to the front bumper, up the bonnet, and in through the passengers window. Follow the missus in the truck, while she is prodding the depths with the stick. DISASTER..... She is up to her knees in wet, sticky mud and has got welly suction, and can't get out..

So what you have to do, is throw her the rope (whilst still in the truck) and tell her to tie it round her waist. You then put the truck in reverse and pull her out, staying totally dry in the process. Because you have dragged her through all that stinking mud, you will have to get the 5 gallon water drum out the back of the truck that you put in for emergencies, and give her a good wash down to get rid of all the mud.

The down side to all this is that she wont speak to you for a week, and you aint getting anything. But hey, that means you can spend the week outside working on your truck without the constant nagging....

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
              If in doubt, get out!!

if it's dangerous, don't panic, they'd send a welshman... they always die first!... if no welsh or scots available, they send the black watch cos they're dumb!
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
              X