Bitten the bullet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitten the bullet

Well guys looks like i'll be joining you as a Surf owner just after xmas. I'm off with checksheet in hand tomorrow and for a final test drive but all being well will be purchasing a green 3.0td ssrx 93 model whichshould be ready just after the new year. I hope i've made a good choice as the last purchase was a Ford Probe that i bought and that cost an absolute bomb until it destroyed the rear head.

I guess that in a few weeks i'll be complaining about mpg and hinking about veg oil..........

Thanks for your input on earlier threads, very helpfull.

Simon
    Cheers

Simon

MPG? Don't you mean GPM.

Well done Simon. Right model, right year, right colour & right engine size. You won't be disappointed. Green rules!!!
    Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman
      Well done Simon. Right model, right year, right colour & right engine size. You won't be disappointed. Green rules!!!
      SPOT ON
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Wicked .....but the colour won't matter once its covered in mud
        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

[QUOTE=Tallyman]Well done Simon. Right model, right year,not critical right colour I dont think so - but at least it's not buggeringy & right engine size. You won't be disappointed. and a respray dont cost too much!!
          enjoy it mate!!
          Did I mention I have a BLUE one
          Tony

Comment

what's a rear head??
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
              what's a rear head??
              on a transverse V6 one head is near the bulkhead and it has a tendancy to overheat on the probe.

Paid my deposit today, it needs 2 things doing really, firstly a respray on the tailgate as a sticker has pulled a bit of lacquer off and secondly at some point a new front bumper as there is a tiny scab but i couldnt find a comparable motor round here for less than 4500 so 200 quid in bits is still good value.

Lets hear it for the impending arrival of veg oil

Incidentally, does anyone know any reasonably priced tow bar supplier?

Best join the club now its on order hadn't I?
              Cheers

Simon

MPG? Don't you mean GPM.

Comment

What are you doing biting my surf???? (aka Black Bullet )

Welcome aboard mate!!
                Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

[QUOTE=Simon811
                  Incidentally, does anyone know any reasonably priced tow bar supplier?QUOTE]

Try Towequipe - good bar, good price, good advice and good after-sales service.
                  Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Simon811
                    on a transverse V6 one head is near the bulkhead and it has a tendancy to overheat on the probe.

Paid my deposit today, it needs 2 things doing really, firstly a respray on the tailgate as a sticker has pulled a bit of lacquer off and secondly at some point a new front bumper as there is a tiny scab but i couldnt find a comparable motor round here for less than 4500 so 200 quid in bits is still good value.

Lets hear it for the impending arrival of veg oil

Incidentally, does anyone know any reasonably priced tow bar supplier?

Best join the club now its on order hadn't I?
                    Yes go to Towequipe, my towbars come from them but probably easier for you to buy direct.
                    Tim
                    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman
                      Oh yes indeedy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

thanks for the info guys, greatly appreciated. I've been a member of a few owners clubs before and this has to be one the most helpfull (and rapid) of the lot.
                        Cheers

Simon

MPG? Don't you mean GPM.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon811
                          thanks for the info guys, greatly appreciated. I've been a member of a few owners clubs before and this has to be one the most helpfull (and rapid) of the lot.
                          YOU WONT BE BE FEELIN BLUE I LOVE MINE & HAVE ONLY HAD HER FOR SEVEN HOURS............MORE FUN YET TO COME !

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                            what's a rear head??
                            two answers to that matt
                            Enjoying Life after Cancer
                            Pops

Comment

Working...
                            X