Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance settlements

Originally posted by Stevie
    hope so, but I reckon I'll only see about 2500 for the smurf....
    Depends who you're with. Endsleigh have just agreed to settle above their engineer's original valuation following my 1st gen being written off (3,500 damage by old bat who just drove into the side of it @ 50-60mph and not looking where she was going). I had insured for 3500, they valued at 2500, I sent them a dozen web run outs as supporting documentation of similar vehicles for sale @ 3500-4500 and they found a proper book for imports (value 2,950), also did research and having found similar for 3,500-4750, settled at 3,300, phew.

It's always worth a try.

Would obviously have preferred not to have lost the car in the first place though, but at least I got to remove my shopping.

Comment

Originally posted by Helen
      Poxy news......

Any chance of the full reg ?? If the wheel and seat covers are gone there's not much to identify it.... I've seen a couple of green Surfs in Surrey....

Will keep an eye out for you..
      cheers - K 397 WKJ

boo hoo

Comment

Sorry to hear that fella, My jeep cherokee (piece of sh*t) brokedown a few weeks ago and it got keyed where I had left it. I was gutted so dunno how u feel. Hangings to good for the bast**ds.

A 'joyrider' was caught in a housing estate in Belfast last year by a 'community protection group' and they duly nailed him ala jesus stylee to a fence. Bet he thought twice about stealing cars again!!!
        Fuzzy wuzzy wuz a woman??

Comment

Originally posted by elmerfudd
          Sorry to hear that fella, My jeep cherokee (piece of sh*t) brokedown a few weeks ago and it got keyed where I had left it. I was gutted so dunno how u feel. Hangings to good for the bast**ds.

A 'joyrider' was caught in a housing estate in Belfast last year by a 'community protection group' and they duly nailed him ala jesus stylee to a fence. Bet he thought twice about stealing cars again!!!
          Now thats what i like to hear! Justice has been done, Public stocks should
          be brought back! humiliate the ba$tards, Sorry to hear about the truck,
          What are the cops doing about it? bugga all i suppose, About time the
          sodding pikeys were sorted, The cr@p they left behind near here last year
          was unbelieveable, House break ins and car theft rose sharply when they arrived and dropped when they left, That should tell the police something?, Kill em, Kill em all, and do it now
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Sorry to here about your loss mate. Have you got any photo's of it?

Doubt they will be driving around in it though. Probably strip it and sell on the bits.

I hate car theifs. Scum of the earth. If you see it on their site, petrol bomb their caravans.

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
              generally the pikeys will wreck it and it will turn up soon... um... don't know if that's lucky or not!

have a drive around there and see if it's about.
              how its been nicked
              stupid boy
              Enjoying Life after Cancer
              Pops

Comment

mates father in law had his p@jero nicked, actualy found it in pikey site and police said to dangerous to get it back and they'd give him all the crime reports for the insurance as "unrecoverable". send in the f###ing army!
                Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

Insurance companies actually are on a bit of a clock to get things settled. If you decide you want 4k, and keep sending adverts of 'similar' cars for sale for more than that, and just very calmly and reasonably refuse every offer under 3750, then you have a good chance.

When my elderly merc was written off their first offer was about 4800 or so and ended up at 6

Don't give up, but don't get cross either, just be polite and sure you are right - leave them with nowhere to go. if you appear unreasonable/obtrusive and they can write on the report 'customer not willing to discuss' then they can close out. If you politely discuss and exchange information then they have to just keep paying the loss adjuster. by the hour. for ever if need be.

This method is tried and tested.

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
                    Insurance companies actually are on a bit of a clock to get things settled. If you decide you want 4k, and keep sending adverts of 'similar' cars for sale for more than that, and just very calmly and reasonably refuse every offer under 3750, then you have a good chance.

When my elderly merc was written off their first offer was about 4800 or so and ended up at 6

Don't give up, but don't get cross either, just be polite and sure you are right - leave them with nowhere to go. if you appear unreasonable/obtrusive and they can write on the report 'customer not willing to discuss' then they can close out. If you politely discuss and exchange information then they have to just keep paying the loss adjuster. by the hour. for ever if need be.

This method is tried and tested.
                    Thanks for the advice - very helpful.

Still waiting for the "theft validation team" to get in touch.....

Comment

Originally posted by openback
                      mates father in law had his p@jero nicked, actualy found it in pikey site and police said to dangerous to get it back
                      Thats just so wrong, unbefawkingbelievable.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                        unbefawkingblievable.
                        that's not a real word!
                        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by openback
                          mates father in law had his p@jero nicked, actualy found it in pikey site and police said to dangerous to get it back and they'd give him all the crime reports for the insurance as "unrecoverable". send in the f###ing army!

Years ago when i was a firefighter we were called to the camp outside the gates to Dunsfold aerodrome (top gears track ) there was one of their prefabs well on fire ... As we were trying to put it out they were trying to steal anything that wasn't bolted to the truck and the police stood outside the site watching them
                          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

The Police are just a bunch of pu**ies. They are a bunch of to**ers. They will spend thousands of man hours trying to catch every law abiding citizen for the slightest of traffic infringements, but when you tell them that you have found your vehicle at a gypo site, they are to scared to do anything about it. The law in this country stinks. The pikeys know full well they can do what they like, so they aren't bothered about nicking your property.

Then you see them complaining on the TV about how persecuted they are, and how every one hates them. Mmmm...... I wonder why? They are messy, dirty, theifing scum. The sooner people start direct action to get rid of them the better.

I remember they had an illegal encampment once between Newbury and Theal on the A4. They were parked up on a CRICKET pitch. This pitch was in beautiful condition before they moved in. Then they put a car on the wicket and burnt it out before they left. Why the f**k should we put up with that? They need a dose of their own medicine.

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                              that's not a real word!
                              Yeah, your right, I left an 'E' out! Fixed it now.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
                                £100,000 in 2 ATM's, interesting...

I thought the max they each could hold (or be restocked with) was £40,000...

4 Cartridges with £20's is just under £40,000
                                just what i read... can't be very big cartridges if the only hold 10 grand each...

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/News/A...articleID=1233

here's an article
                                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                                X