need to get a lift.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need to get a lift.

Can anyone tell me if they have done a 2" lift and put on bigger tyres size 32.10.15 bfgoodrich or anyother make.32" tyre seems to be unusual with a 2"lift that is why im asking,normally surfers do 4" lift with 33"tyre.Please let me know if you have any info on that.THANKS.

jotto has a 2" suspension lift and I think a 1.5" body lift and runs 32's.
    gamedawn i think also runs 32's? not sure what his mods are though try viewing thier profiles.
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I'm running a nominal 2" suspension lift and a 1" body lift. 32" BFG AT's on 8" wide rims fit nicely and don't seem to foul even on extreme suspension travel (I've got no anti roll bars).
      Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by kal
        Can anyone tell me if they have done a 2" lift and put on bigger tyres size 32.10.15 bfgoodrich or anyother make.32" tyre seems to be unusual with a 2"lift that is why im asking,normally surfers do 4" lift with 33"tyre.Please let me know if you have any info on that.THANKS.
        Get the 4" lift & 33's- you know it makes sense!
        Attached Files

Comment

tyres 32"

Originally posted by Gamedawn
          I'm running a nominal 2" suspension lift and a 1" body lift. 32" BFG AT's on 8" wide rims fit nicely and don't seem to foul even on extreme suspension travel (I've got no anti roll bars).
          Hi,
          Mate do you think i can do a 2" lift and put on 32 on 15" standard rim.

Comment

Originally posted by kal
            Hi,
            Mate do you think i can do a 2" lift and put on 32 on 15" standard rim.

I was told you should have 8" rims(standard are 7") and at least 3" of lift to run 32's.
            I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

We've been trying to decide what to do, The man who would know (Nigel @ LA Supertrux) is unavailable for a while. Everyone else says ask him!!

The trouble is the outer front tyre edge on the bulkhead, on a 8" rim it'll be close, so I recommended we do a proper 2" lift and get the torsion bars up as high as poss, and use the standard rims on 32's. As we have more chance of them not rubbing. Then if there looks like extra clearance he can buy nice 8" rims later.

32's will go on a 7" rim, I've run trucks with 12.5" wide 33's on 8" rims

I'd hate to have him spend loadsa money on tyres and lift and have it rub, so have had to uncomfortably vague on the phone!

Would be nice to do and know for sure though.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

Would be nice to do and know for sure though.
                you can have my truck as a donor! (no charge to me or you)
                [IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/DONKR1/me.jpg[/IMG]
                [url]www.qube-art.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Me too...

so let me get this straight...

32" x 10.50" x R15... on the standard rims

Just 1" taller than my 31's...

Torsion bars... wound right up... (crease in the handbrake cable tube)

2" (allegedly) springs out back...

Possibly, 1" body-lift blocks...

Tyres should clear... lock to lock...

Anyone had any experience of the speed sensor adjustment to correct for oversize tyres.
                  http://www.eurekaboy.com/f250/truspeed.htm
                  http://www.sleeoffroad.com/technical/tz_truspeed.htm

Also re-gearing for larger tyres... is it really worth the pain...
                  http://www.superlift.com/information-gears.asp

I suppose the issue here is how tall can you go before you go out of the powerband of the engine, and have to re-gear...

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala

32" x 10.50" x R15... on the standard rims
                    32x11.50/R15.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

you are correct, they do not make a 32"x10.50 R15...

only a
                      32"x11.50" R15/C 113Q

33"x 10.50 though... actual size 32.7"...

Any ideas on my last question... how tall you can go before you move out of the powerband...?

Still like these though... when are they going to bring them into the UK...?

Comment

Working...
                      X