New Torsion Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Torsion Bars

Has anyone on the forum changed their torsion bars and can they offer any advice on how to refit the new ones
    I'm still stuck!
    cheers
    Bobo

How many threads. http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/tech/torsion_bars/

Comment

Originally posted by andy
      I followed the info from that link but can't get the new bar into the rear seat as described ( I am using the sway- away bars they did)
      so am looking for someone on the forums who has actually done the job to work out where I am going wrong
      cheers
      Bobo

Comment

Originally posted by bobo
        I followed the info from that link but can't get the new bar into the rear seat as described ( I am using the sway- away bars they did)
        so am looking for someone on the forums who has actually done the job to work out where I am going wrong
        cheers
        Bobo
        done mine a while ago,you have to be a bit forceful with them(thats what i found anyway,praps i was doing it wrong ) passenger side was easy enuff,slot the front in first then you just force the rear end in with a bit of juggling about! the drivers side was a little trickier as there isnt a lot of room to move the bar about.i had to remove the heatshield at the front right covering brake pipes i think but then its the same principle as the other side.juggle and force.hope that helps but as i said i may have been doing it wrong myself but they're in and work fine!
        cheers,
        Darren
        So many toys-So little cash

Comment

Originally posted by surfer daz
          done mine a while ago,you have to be a bit forceful with them(thats what i found anyway,praps i was doing it wrong ) passenger side was easy enuff,slot the front in first then you just force the rear end in with a bit of juggling about! the drivers side was a little trickier as there isnt a lot of room to move the bar about.i had to remove the heatshield at the front right covering brake pipes i think but then its the same principle as the other side.juggle and force.hope that helps but as i said i may have been doing it wrong myself but they're in and work fine!
          cheers,
          Darren
          Nice one !
          typically I have started with the driver side i.e the difficult one!
          I'll remove the heatshield at my next attempt ( hopefully before christmas but with 101 christmas related things to do might have to wait damn! )
          was considering loosening the front anchor point did you need to?
          Many thanks for the help will let you know how it goes
          cheers
          Bobo

Comment

Originally posted by bobo
            Nice one !
            typically I have started with the driver side i.e the difficult one!
            I'll remove the heatshield at my next attempt ( hopefully before christmas but with 101 christmas related things to do might have to wait damn! )
            was considering loosening the front anchor point did you need to?
            Many thanks for the help will let you know how it goes
            cheers
            Bobo
            Bobo,
            as i remember, i didnt need to loosen anything at the front,i just released the rears and slid old one out and slid the new ones in(front first).obviously it was harder getting the rears back in cos the new ones are a lot thicker in diameter.As i said,i just jiggled it about and forced it in.it did take a while and i thought i was never going to get them back in! hope this helps,good luck.
            Darren
            So many toys-So little cash

Comment

Working...
            X