F*****g jet wash brushes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F*****g jet wash brushes

Finished work at 11am this morning, so I thought I would wash my truck down the jet wash. F*****g brush I used left millions of scratches on my paintwork. As luck would have it, it must be the hard resin polish that has scratched. I T-cut a panel and the scratches dissapeared. So I waxed the whole truck, but there are still some scratches left, so when it warms up I will have to T-cut the whole truck, re-polish and then hard resin wax top coat her again.

Never, ever use those brushes. Stick to a good sponge.

Originally posted by M35A2
    Finished work at 11am this morning, so I thought I would wash my truck down the jet wash. F*****g brush I used left millions of scratches on my paintwork. As luck would have it, it must be the hard resin polish that has scratched. I T-cut a panel and the scratches dissapeared. So I waxed the whole truck, but there are still some scratches left, so when it warms up I will have to T-cut the whole truck, re-polish and then hard resin wax top coat her again.

if u take the truck off road u will not see the scratches that the brush put in for the scraches that the bushes put on lol and its more fun getting them that way too .
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by ohsupremebeing
      if u take the truck off road u will not see the scratches that the brush put in for the scraches that the bushes put on lol and its more fun getting them that way too .

Just the thought of taking my truck off road brings me out in a rash. The paintwork is like new on my truck, so won't be taking it through any bushes. I will leave the off roading to my DPM Defender, as if that gets scratched all I have to do is respray it!!

Comment

Just the thought of taking my truck off road brings me out in a rash. The paintwork is like new on my truck, so won't be taking it through any bushes. I will leave the off roading to my DPM Defender, as if that gets scratched all I have to do is respray it!!

they all look like new when we first get them but the fun soon takes over lol
        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Did that when i first got the truck, went too close with the jet wash jet and
          blew some paint off the wheel arch, The language was something wicked,
          Just use a good quality sponge and wash'n'wax, then wrince it at a safe
          distance with the jet, There good for underneath though.
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ohsupremebeing
            they all look like new when we first get them but the fun soon takes over lol

I notice you live in Manchester? Are there many green lanes round there? I live 5mins from the Ridgeway, some of the longest, and best green laning around. But it's shut to vehicles now over the winter. Mind you, if Blair and the Nanny State get their way, there won't be any rights of way left to use.

Comment

Originally posted by ian619

That's what I went up there for in the first place, to wash all the salt off her underbelly. But you know what it's like, once you start you can't stop, just like beer or sex!!!

Comment

I use that 'Turtle Wax' colour wax polish, great for eliminating scratches and swirl marks.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  I use that 'Turtle Wax' colour wax polish, great for eliminating scratches and swirl marks.

I wash mine with Auto Glym wax polish wash, then apply the Auto Glym "Super Resin Polish", then I seal that in with this Auto Glym top coat hard resin polish - it's semi-permanent. Comes up like a mirror when done, but it takes me all day to do!!

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                    I did the same to my front bumper, there are some nice black patches now where there used to be silver.

I allways wash mine at home with a sponge and then take it to the jetwash for a rinse off, not because the water rates are high but my flat is on the top floor and my hose won't reach.( ooh err missus )

Comment

Blimey! I thought I was fastidious with my polishing regime.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                        Blimey! I thought I was fastidious with my polishing regime.

Comment

You all WASH YOUR TRUCKS!

Perverts.

Comment

Originally posted by bell end billy
                            I did the same to my front bumper, there are some nice black patches now where there used to be silver.

I allways wash mine at home with a sponge and then take it to the jetwash for a rinse off, not because the water rates are high but my flat is on the top floor and my hose won't reach.( ooh err missus )
                            You need a longer ose! or spray it from the balcony, Dont fall over though!
                            How do you sleep at night with your baby down there at the mercy of
                            everychave and his dog, Or have you got a garage?
                            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

[/SIZE][QUOTE=M35A2]Finished work at 11am this morning, so I thought I would wash my truck down the jet wash. F*****g brush I used left millions of scratches on my paintwork. As luck would have it, it must be the hard resin polish that has scratched. I T-cut a panel and the scratches dissapeared. So I waxed the whole truck, but there are still some scratches left, so when it warms up I will have to T-cut the whole truck, re-polish and then hard resin wax top coat her again.

Never, ever use those brushes. Stick to a good sponge
                              Gosh!!!
                              dont wanna do mine do you??
                              Enjoying Life after Cancer
                              Pops

Comment

Working...
                              X