Premonition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premonition

I've had a premonition that the two stone chips in my windscreen which have been there since I bought my Surf, and have always got on my ti..nerves, are going to get much worse in the next week or two (with or without the aid of a handy half brick)

Before I break...I mean.. before it mysteriously shatters, am I right in thinking that it's the same windscreen as a 4Runner? I think someone posted on that ages ago, but I can't find it anywhere.

Anyone had a new screen put in? How long does it usually take to order one in? I remember someone said it was best to order a new seal kit too...

Rob

'92 2.4TD SSR-X AUTO
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You Sir are drunk!"
    "Ahh yes Madam, but you are ugly and in the morning I shall be sober."

Originally posted by Robster
    I've had a premonition that the two stone chips in my windscreen which have been there since I bought my Surf, and have always got on my ti..nerves, are going to get much worse in the next week or two (with or without the aid of a handy half brick)

Before I break...I mean.. before it mysteriously shatters, am I right in thinking that it's the same windscreen as a 4Runner? I think someone posted on that ages ago, but I can't find it anywhere.

Anyone had a new screen put in? How long does it usually take to order one in? I remember someone said it was best to order a new seal kit too...

I'm sure we can manage to break it for you at Norfolk!!
    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Hmmm..may be a little breezy on the way home though eh?!
      Rob

'92 2.4TD SSR-X AUTO
      "You Sir are drunk!"

Comment

windscreen co brought a toyota HIace screen the first visit waited 2 weeks for surf one, sent them away to order chrome trim as it gets destroyed trying to get it off. 3 weeks later & its done part was ordered from toyota uk
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

How about getting one of the windscreen companies to do a repair - think autowindscreens do them - they drill the screen, insert some liquid repair material and smooth when dry. Have seen the results and it's damn good.

Cheers

Comment

My insurance company does FREE repairs to screens (to max of 2 I think)
            Could be worth contacting them first.
            Plus when is your MOT due - it's pointless changing it now if it's due soon - wait until the day of or day after the MOT then change it
            NO WORRIES!
            Rusty

Comment

It's been through on MOT with the chips in place, and as they're not in the line of sight it didn't get pulled up because of it.

However, I have a Zero excess on Glass on my insurance policy so it seems rude not to get it changed doesn't it?!
              Rob

'92 2.4TD SSR-X AUTO
              "You Sir are drunk!"

Comment

It's been through on MOT with the chips in place, and as they're not in the line of sight it didn't get pulled up because of it.

However, I have a Zero excess on Glass on my insurance policy so it seems rude not to get it changed doesn't it?!
                think it says somewhere you should have clear all round vision mate.
                SO get your head mounted on a bearing
                go for it!!!!!!!!!!! lend you a hammer?
                Enjoying Life after Cancer
                Pops

Comment

That's it then - get the hammer out!!
                  NO WORRIES!
                  Rusty

Comment

I'll leave it until after next weekend at Norfolk... although I need to drive up to Edinburgh for Christmas...don't want to get stuck if they can't get a screen in time. Maybe I'll wait until the New Year.
                    Rob

'92 2.4TD SSR-X AUTO
                    "You Sir are drunk!"

Comment

Originally posted by rusty
                      That's it then - get the hammer out!!
                      which one you want?
                      Enjoying Life after Cancer
                      Pops

Comment

Working...
                      X