does anyone use fuel cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anyone use fuel cat

just wondering if this fuel cat /diesel combo kit has been tried by anyone here??if you have how beneficial was it?

Originally posted by a.plasterer
    just wondering if this fuel cat /diesel combo kit has been tried by anyone here??if you have how beneficial was it?
    I use a heated fuel cat on my 3.0 TD. It makes a lot of difference. I get 30-50 extra miles per tank with diesel, or veg bio.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

aparently you notice that there's less carbon too, as your oil stays cleaner
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I just got about 70km extra on half a tank... Just going for a full fill now, so let you know by the end of the week... I am also being rather careful with the right foot, just to get an idea...

Comment

i should get mine this week so ill let you know how i get on.
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Are they easy to fit, bearing in mine I'm a complete mechanicing imbecile, if not how long should it take a mechanic.

Comment

Originally posted by madbiker
              Are they easy to fit, bearing in mine I'm a complete mechanicing imbecile, if not how long should it take a mechanic.
              Yes they are easy to fit - we supply them with a fitting kit including the hoses and T-pieces.
              Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Go on then Linda how much including p&p from your wonderful establishment. I'd get you to fit it but your a bit far away

Comment

Originally posted by madbiker
                  Go on then Linda how much including p&p from your wonderful establishment. I'd get you to fit it but your a bit far away
                  Click on the banner in Linda or Tonys sig.......or....
                  http://www.4x4toys.co.uk/garage/forsale.html

Comment

ive looked at fuel cat site but its not clear to ME how much it is?i put me in caps coz evryone else can prob see it!

so linda how much for a new fuel cat/heated???if the used one is much cheaper how many miles has it done?

nick.

Comment

Theres a new one just out so best wait for Philip to come here and tell all...
                      Tim
                      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I got a heated fuelcat on my 1st gen. I also get 30-50 xtra miles out of mine,and it was dead easy to fit,it only took half an hour to fit but 2 hours of discusion and a couple of beers,(well it was at the Lincs show and there was about 7 different opinions,Thank for the help Koi,Jotto,Vagrant no2 (rick) Roger,Mark,and anybody else who came over to see what we was doing)
                        If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Hmmmm...so will these fit onto a 3rd Gen?????
                          http://www.maninhat.myzen.co.uk/

Comment

Yeah, they'll fit most cars, along as you have a heater line to break into. (apart from Discoverys)

PS, Chris, if your reading this, give me a call, I've lost your number, can't remember you forum name and have an answer about your 'cat.
                            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                              Theres a new one just out so best wait for Philip to come here and tell all...
                              We have them - he dropped them off earlier this week. Its an improved design.
                              Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X