Hope everyone is ok !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope everyone is ok !

Just to say I hope no one we know has been caught up in the blast at Hemel this morning.

Hope we don't get another fuel shortage

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Originally posted by UDTrev
    Just to say I hope no one we know has been caught up in the blast at Hemel this morning.

Hope we don't get another fuel shortage

Trev
    Fill us in mate as im busy decorating
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

the blast at hemel?im working in hemel tomorrow,any chance i may get the day off?

Comment

Fuel depot at Hemel Hempsted had an explosion . Woke Tam and my cats up and we live 14 miles away ! I spoke to Jotto as he lives nearer and he gave me more info .

I know Lucky and couple of other forum members live in Hemel , so hope they are all OK .
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Was it a BOMB or just one of those things ???
          (\__/)
          (")_(")

Comment

Here's one of the BBC news articles on it, they have closed the M1 and M25 for considerable stretchs !!!!!!!!!!

If you can get BBC News 24 on the tv be ready for a shock.

Trev
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Most injuries appear to be to residents living next to/near by being hurt by glass from windows blowing in .
              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                Here's one of the BBC news articles on it, they have closed the M1 and M25 for considerable stretchs !!!!!!!!!!

If you can get BBC News 24 on the tv be ready for a shock.

Trev
                VAGRANT catering co.
                The fire, which police believe was caused by an accident, could last days with more explosions expected.

Earlier rumours a plane was involved were unfounded, said a police spokesman.

Witnesses said another two explosions followed the first at 0626 GMT and 0627 GMT.

In total, 20 petrol tanks are involved in the fire, each said to hold three million gallons of fuel.
                (\__/)
                (")_(")

Comment

And there is all ready queues at the petrol stations around watford and hemel
                  I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

even though its aviation fuel plant mainly but I guess might have some effect.... good job i was empty and went for a fill up today before most people were up!
                    Tim
                    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I'm OK although I was going to fill up with fuel thsi morning as I'm running on fumes, can't do it now.

Still makes you think, lucky it wasn't a weekday as Maylands Ind Estate is Toast.

Hope no-one else was caught and my thoughts go out to those who were caught up in it.

Comment

My friend's husband and brother both work at this depot. Brother in the offices and husband as a driver.

Her brother was at work this morning, his office is approximately 100 yards away from the explosion. Part of his job is to check the tanks by doing a dip test, luckily he wasn't doing that this morning.

One of the drivers had just finished filling up and was collecting his paperwork from the office just before the explosion occured.

They've turned off the fuel line but there is about 3-4 days worth of fuel in the other tanks that will still probably have to burn off.

Comment

The explosion woke me at 6.05 this morning. First thought was an earthquake, then I thought it may have been a derailment on the Midland Mainline, but I heard a train on the line a few moments later.

I know that depot pretty well, although I haven't been there for over 20 years, as was a security guard for a while after I came out of the RAF. My first thought on hearing the news this morning was for the guards that have to make foot patrols around every inch of the ground level.

I have just seen on the news that the police are evacuating Leverstock Green.

I just hope those that were injured make a speedy recovery and that the forum members who live in the area are all OK.
                          It's only a hobby!

Comment

I heard it all the way down in Felixstowe (suffolk) sounded like one of the kids had fallen out of bed and bounced twice.
                            Glad to hear everyones OK..
                            If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
                              I heard it all the way down in Felixstowe (suffolk) sounded like one of the kids had fallen out of bed and bounced twice.
                              Glad to hear everyones OK..
                              My brother got out of bed to tell his youngest to stop mucking about and he was fast asleep.
                              We live 13 Miles from Hemel Hempstead and this is the view from our front garden this evening. Pics taken with Nokia 6310i camera phone, so not the best quality. The big grey cloud on the horizon is the smoke.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by kitesurf_phil; 11 December 2005, 17:25.
                              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                              X