100,000Kms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100,000Kms

I took this picture of my Odo on my back from visiting my mum in Milton Keynes. I watched her change to the big 100,000 (60,000Mls) and took a picture for the occasion. I was thinking at the time, "I wish I owned this truck when it was all zeros". That's 7,000Kms I've done in her now.

Wish it was in Miles though, hate Kms, so European. Oh, and bang on the dot, the timing belt light come one. It had a belt change (or was supposed to have had one changed), so either the guy didn't re-set the button, it comes on at 100,000 regardless, or I was lied too and the timing belt I have in my glove box is off another motor.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by M35A2; 10 December 2005, 20:52.

I still got a long way to go yet!

p.s. How's yer jaw Andy, still in much pain?

Comment

I'm up to 126,000 on mine.

It had 107,000 on when I bought it in March, so that's 19,000 in 9 months!!
      It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        I still got a long way to go yet!

p.s. How's yer jaw Andy, still in much pain?

Hi Vince.

It's alot better thanks mate. I still can't eat on the right side as the bottom right took a right hammering when he drilled it out. It's still sore on the right, but the rest of it is ok. Thanks for asking.

So how many Kms has yours done then?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
          I'm up to 126,000 on mine.

It had 107,000 on when I bought it in March, so that's 19,000 in 9 months!!

Jesus, that's lots. I'm thinking of getting another job nearer to where I live, so I can leave the truck at home and bike to work to save my truck from wearing out.

Comment

I got all excited when mine went over 69000 miles last week! I guess i've got a while to go before it all falls apart.

cheers,

Mart
            Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

Originally posted by B16mts
              I got all excited when mine went over 69000 miles last week! I guess i've got a while to go before it all falls apart.

cheers,

Mart

She is still like new, that's why I want to save on the milage.

Bet the insurance on that Skyline is as much as the price of the car, isn't it?

Comment

Do you expect it would be expensive for a 23 year old to insure a japanese supercar?

SO DID I!!

somehow it only cost me £900 fully comp! the surf costs £604

cheers,

Mart
                Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                  I took this picture of my Odo on my back from visiting my mum in Milton Keynes. I watched her change to the big 100,000 (60,000Mls) and took a picture for the occasion. I was thinking at the time, "I wish I owned this truck when it was all zeros". That's 7,000Kms I've done in her now.

Wish it was in Miles though, hate Kms, so European. Oh, and bang on the dot, the timing belt light come one. It had a belt change (or was supposed to have had one changed), so either the guy didn't re-set the button, it comes on at 100,000 regardless, or I was lied too and the timing belt I have in my glove box is off another motor.

Now passed 111,000 miles (was 54 thou when bought) in mine and still pulling like a train, and the list of repairs is endles:-

Rear brake caliper near side.

OK so may be not so big a list untill you add in the repairs from the abuse offroading:-

Exhaust and right bumper trim.

OK still not exactly a long list

Well I have done lots of oil, filter changes and fitted a few extras, lift kit, radio amp and speakers.
                  And two sets of brake shoes, a set of tyres and a battery.

Not bad for just over two years of owning a smurf

Better than the last 4X4 I owned which blew its engine after only 104thou, so much for a 5 pot merc engined lump!

Fish
                  If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                    Hi Vince.

It's alot better thanks mate. I still can't eat on the right side as the bottom right took a right hammering when he drilled it out. It's still sore on the right, but the rest of it is ok. Thanks for asking.

So how many Kms has yours done then?

78,000kms. Twas on 71,000 two years ago when I got it.

Comment

gordon bennet! cant find your way out of them valleys?
                      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                      Tony

Comment

You must be kidding. I bought mine with 71,000Miles less than 18months ago - Now on 110,000 and I do mean miles.

Comment

I bought it as a plaything / show-off toy.
                          I use my Mondeo more than the truck, plus I don't need to commute as I work from home.

Comment

just about to hit 200,000kms
                            had it just over a year and did 30,000kms in the first year. its been repaired a few times mind
                            Tim
                            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I bought it as a plaything / show-off toy.
                              I use my Mondeo more than the truck, plus I don't need to commute as I work from home.
                              vince you need to get out more i've got a company van(running 30000+ miles per annum)a rover 416 (running 16000 miles per annum) and my babe has covered 20000 km's this year) i need to take up television in stead as my fuel bill is killing me.

100,000 on a surf is just run in from now on all the niggle little probs will start that most vehicles have had for ages, my company van (that is fully serviced by a main agent) has had a glow plug relay box, door check,battery, alternator,disks,c/locking module, catalyst,steerig rack,water cooled egr unit and colum ecu unit all in its first 3 years(3 years old in january)

goes to show how good a 10+ year old jap hand me down really is
                              Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Working...
                              X