Gearbox Woes!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearbox Woes!!!!

OK, the Smurf is in Morrisons carpark in Rhyl awaiting the recovery truck-the Gearselector is jammed in "park" and there is a warning on the dash that says-"AT/P".............Discuss!!!!! !

do a search for AT/P on search button!

looks like it could be related to 4wd selector lever position?
    trying moving that
    Landcruiser Colorado
    Sub. Forester

Comment

Ta for that-I have tried the HiLO selector but the worrying thing is that the Gear selector is firmly stuck in Park and is refusing to budge.....Semtex may be the only way of moving it

Comment

Have you tried pushing the red button near the gear selector and moving the lever? Has your tail light fuse blown? The solenoid that releases the gearshift from park is energised when you put your foot on the brake. No juice = no release.

Good luck.
        Last edited by kitesurf_phil; 10 December 2005, 13:59.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Tail light bulb!!!!!!!! Thanks guys for saving me a ****** fortune in Recovery charges-you are all on top of the christmas card list!!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
            Have you tried pushing the red button near the gear selector and moving the lever? Has your tail light fuse blown? The solenoid that releases the gearshift from park is energised when you put your foot on the brake. No juice = no release.

Good luck.
            oh how annoyed will he be if thats the prob.... which i think it is
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Looks like we were right. Gives one a nice warm feeling, having helped a fellow human being and saved them money!Glad you got it sorted mate.
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

good stuff - we've all been there.... and i still get done by the window lock!
                Tim
                Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Not only did you help me save some cash, you also deprived the good citizens of Rhyl an afternoons' light entertainment as I was winding myself up to re-enact the Basil Fawlty/Morris 1100 scene....................

Comment

Originally posted by Kangorrillapigmoose
                    OK, the Smurf is in Morrisons carpark in Rhyl awaiting the recovery truck-the Gearselector is jammed in "park" and there is a warning on the dash that says-"AT/P".............Discuss!!!!! !
                    you should now better than to go to morrison's after you saw mine there
                    by the way are you interested in a spot of greenlaning on the 28 of december?
                    john
                    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Greenlaning??? tell me more!

Comment

Originally posted by Kangorrillapigmoose
                        Greenlaning??? tell me more!
                        check out the following link, and if are up for it let me know

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=18167

if you are worried the only damage is usually to your face from grinning all day
                        and maybe the odd scratch that can be t-cut out
                        john
                        Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Working...
                        X