Spot lights advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spot lights advice

My surf has no front fogs or spot lamps. After the recent fog that I've been driving through, I thought it'd be a good idea to get some fog lights. I'm just wondering if you can get spot lamps that act as fog lights as well and whether or not you need a bull bar to fit them to. I don't have a bullbar so if they can't be fitted, then I'll just have to get normal fog lights.

Any advice on which spot lamps or fog lights to get from halfords or motorworld?

Many thanks.

Originally posted by ferretmanabu
    My surf has no front fogs or spot lamps. After the recent fog that I've been driving through, I thought it'd be a good idea to get some fog lights. I'm just wondering if you can get spot lamps that act as fog lights as well and whether or not you need a bull bar to fit them to. I don't have a bullbar so if they can't be fitted, then I'll just have to get normal fog lights.

Any advice on which spot lamps or fog lights to get from halfords or motorworld?

Many thanks.
    I'm in a similar boat. my truck now bull bar or additional lights, and the standard one's just don't seem bright enough.

I'm sure there's beennsome on it, as there's some white boxes under the bonnet and switches under the dash that say PIAA on them.

noy sure what to do, as don't really fancy a bull bar.

cheers,

Mart
    Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

try this site
      http://www.piaa.co.uk/lamps/lamps.asp?search=4x4
      www.puppywalker.co.uk

Comment

you dont need a bullbar to fit them too
        fix um to your bumper i did before i got a bullbar
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

I used Hella Spots which are really good, you can even get proper 'spots' or driving lamps with a wide range angle of light
          3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

One of the most important points to remember is the reason for getting the additional lights, if for fog, try and obtain yellow lamps, the give a far greater penetration than most white, the reason being that white light normaly contains the entire spectrum of colours, and refracts upon water droplets, so brighter white lights will refract more, giving less viz, yellow lamps give a yellow light, less refraction and greater visability. But if you intend to use them as driving lights they will not illuminate as well, or as far, as white light.

I have Halfords Visability enhancing bulbs in my headlights, and I find them great in fog and mist, and practicaly any reduced viz, but during normal driving they are like a pair of candles, especialy if the road has yellow street lamps. Ditto my fog lamps on the bull bars, great in fog, but pants for driving in country lanes at night.

Idealy a pair of fog lamps independantly switched from a pair of good driving lights.

When I have finished paying for the loft conversion, the boat re-fit, a new kitchen, cooker, hoover,tumble dryer, and wifeys desire for a VR6, If not bancrupted I hope to fit a pair of driving lights to the upper part of my bull bar and move the fog lamps to the liwer part.

All the best,

Gtdog
            Ok nicely done, when we dry off we can go find the boat!

Comment

Working...
            X