Photos for Vatchman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos for Vatchman

My appologies for the lack of quality, messers Sony and Erricsson to blame.
    Sabre 212s 1990 vintage any help?
    Attached Files
    Ok nicely done, when we dry off we can go find the boat!

Originally posted by Gtdog
    What are they in? a boat?

Comment

Yup, our new school boat Juno, a 1977 Fairey Spear, previously used to chase naughty gun runners in NI, and currently having near 30 years of MOD paint s****ed off by yours truly, new exhausts, bathing platform, re-fit and trim. Twin display radar Plotter with intergrated AIS, and DSC radio, and a full cat 2.

And due in the water in January!

She looked like this on Thursday last, prior to stripping commencement!
      Attached Files

Comment

What will you use her for ....diving , fishing or general water cruising ?
        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

oh my,brings back fond memorys.right as you know the covers arnt off the shelf items.as we stopped making the fords about ten years ago.so the price for the covers are £25.00 each +vat un-chromed in a nice matt black finish with breather modifications.or for £143.00 each you can have them nice and shiny.a rip off if you ask me.thats the discounted price to.but if you dont mind me saying they look in pretty good nick,compared to some i have seen.so i think a tube or two of autosol metal polish will bring them up like new.if you require new gaskets which you will,because they should be stuck on with evostick.let me know and i will source some for you,that goes for any other engine part.how many hours have they done.and if you give me the engine numbers[they should be on a plate bolted to the engine above the oil filter.or by the flywheel housing]i can trace there service history for you and let you know any major work that has been done on them.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Yum, big motors!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by ianwoodzie
              What will you use her for ....diving , fishing or general water cruising ?
              Her primary tasking will be for training students on the RYA Mororcruising sylabus (sp?) from Helmsman to Yachtmaster Offshore, also VHF/GMDSS and Radar courses.

Her other taskings will be as safety boat for dockyards, TV camera boat, and anything else I can think of to help her earn her keep. Sadly i shall not be using her for diving, I deliberately shied away from it, (although this may upset some members on this forum) having assisted in five LAS searches for divers this year, and despite our combined efforts only found two. I could not phone someones wife or loved one to say they are missing presumed dead.
              Last edited by Gtdog; 8 December 2005, 22:07. Reason: sp

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
                oh my,brings back fond memorys.right as you know the covers arnt off the shelf items.as we stopped making the fords about ten years ago.so the price for the covers are £25.00 each +vat un-chromed in a nice matt black finish with breather modifications.or for £143.00 each you can have them nice and shiny.a rip off if you ask me.thats the discounted price to.but if you dont mind me saying they look in pretty good nick,compared to some i have seen.so i think a tube or two of autosol metal polish will bring them up like new.if you require new gaskets which you will,because they should be stuck on with evostick.let me know and i will source some for you,that goes for any other engine part.how many hours have they done.and if you give me the engine numbers[they should be on a plate bolted to the engine above the oil filter.or by the flywheel housing]i can trace there service history for you and let you know any major work that has been done on them.
                Cheers, I shall try to get the engine codes, the rocker covers are pretty rusty, but near £300 is more than I can afford at the mo, so I shall probably give you a call for the black ones, also are you able to obtain any Sabre green paint, for either spray or bruch application?

Thanks again,
                Gtdog

Comment

how do you stop them going rusty??... only boat engines i've ever dealt with are outboards and always trailered...

always run them through with fresh water afterwards... doesn't the cooling system rust like hell if it's in the salt water all the time?

(just a wonder)

i'll have to get some boaty pics!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                    how do you stop them going rusty??... only boat engines i've ever dealt with are outboards and always trailered...

always run them through with fresh water afterwards... doesn't the cooling system rust like hell if it's in the salt water all the time?

(just a wonder)

there are two cooling systems on the engine one is raw water the other is fresh water,the engines cooling system is the same as a normal engine the only difference is that there is a heat exchanger fitted this is fed raw water [sea water] by a pump driven by the engine as this water passes through the heat exchanger it removes the heat from the fresh water and cools the engine down.there are sacrificial anodes in the form of zinc blocks attached to some engines.this stops them from going rusty,a lot of the corrosion is cause by electrolosis.
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Cheers, I shall try to get the engine codes, the rocker covers are pretty rusty, but near £300 is more than I can afford at the mo, so I shall probably give you a call for the black ones, also are you able to obtain any Sabre green paint, for either spray or bruch application?

Thanks again,
                      Gtdog
                      yep paint is no prob.just let me know when you want it.
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man

(just a wonder)

The only way is to keep the engine bay as dry as poss, during the winter a greenhouse bar heater on a timer, then a hell of a lot preventative maintainance, in the form of WD40 (carefully applied to avaid greased areas sutch as controll cables) and smear vasaline onto any stainless components, as Vatchman says, the annodes built into the engine coolant systems help, but only if the engine is wired correctly, I have just had to fork out £1,000.00 for two new exhausts as the previous ones even though stainless were not wired to the main annode correctly.

There is a lovely lesson to be learnt from a nob, who at port solent a few years ago wired the annodes to the positive terminal on the battery, the skin fittings fizzed away like alka seltzers for six hours, then the boat sank.

Comment

I drove past Sunseekers yard today. WOW.... You could buy a lot of Surfs for the price of one of those. There was loads of boats in there, some were massive!!

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                            I drove past Sunseekers yard today. WOW.... You could buy a lot of Surfs for the price of one of those. There was loads of boats in there, some were massive!!
                            Tis true, but would you buy a boat built with mdf ?

Comment

ok ive managed to get hold of 5ltrs of 1 pack poly sabre blue paint.you can either paint it on with a brush or spray it on.so its here when you want it.
                              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X