• Show
Clear All

• I want to SEE

headlight bulbs
    do these fit our trucks and has anyone tried them please

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

they're just blue tinted to give a whiter looking light...

trouble is with the cheaper ones is that it makes the headlamp glass and reflector turn yellow after a while...
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Hi Pops,
      I'm no expert but they are H4 and apparently heat protected. At that price must be worth a shot I would think.

Ken
      [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I][SIZE=3]When the going gets tough - Get out !!![/SIZE][/I][/B][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
        they're just blue tinted to give a whiter looking light...

trouble is with the cheaper ones is that it makes the headlamp glass and reflector turn yellow after a while...
        so what candles do you recommend Matt
        Pops

Comment

Originally posted by The Kid
          Hi Pops,
          I'm no expert but they are H4 and apparently heat protected. At that price must be worth a shot I would think.

Ken
          thats my thinking too but if its at cost of yellowing lenses like slugboy says maybe not
          just wanna be able to see at nite
          Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
            thats my thinking too but if its at cost of yellowing lenses like slugboy says maybe not
            just wanna be able to see at nite
            OPEN YOUR EYES THEN POPS.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

TOP TIP! : MAX POWER magazine do tests on different lamps... probably find something on their website...
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

i use Ring Ice Blue h4's and there plenty bright...........
                3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
                  OPEN YOUR EYES THEN POPS.
                  Dont be silly if pops has the ability to open his eyes he would have never bent his sidesteps
                  If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
                    Dont be silly if pops has the ability to open his eyes he would have never bent his sidesteps
                    easy tiger
                    so just coz u got wonky eyes to see you steps we all gotta have um have we
                    Pops

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
                      she's all dressed again now rick the steps look the dogs now
                      Pops

Comment

Hi POPS - just to let you know - i bought some of these (well some very similar from hong kong - via ebay) and fitted them in April this year. No problems with yellowing and still going strong. i did find that although the light emmitted was whiter - they didn't seem any brighter!! Although after fitting an upgraded lighting wiring loom (4crawler off road USA $29.00) the lights are very bright and do resemble those posh HD lamps.
                        that price is a bit steep though - same things selling in LDL for £1.99 pair. they're selling two types - blue-ish tint and a 50% brighter both rated at 55w and both £1.99.
                        Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes
                          Hi POPS - just to let you know - i bought some of these (well some very similar from hong kong - via ebay) and fitted them in April this year. No problems with yellowing and still going strong. i did find that although the light emmitted was whiter - they didn't seem any brighter!! Although after fitting an upgraded lighting wiring loom (4crawler off road USA $29.00) the lights are very bright and do resemble those posh HD lamps.
                          that price is a bit steep though - same things selling in LDL for £1.99 pair. they're selling two types - blue-ish tint and a 50% brighter both rated at 55w and both £1.99.
                          ta mate
                          i ordered some so will let you know the results

the wiring loom was it hard to fit and how long it take to arrive
                          Last edited by pops; 7 December 2005, 21:24.
                          Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                            ta mate
                            i ordered some so will let you know the results

the wiring loom was it hard to fit and how long it take to arrive

the loom took about a week to arrive. fitting was a piece of pi$$ - even in the dark / wind / rain / failing torch batteries. - high quality kit. No cutting of wires simply plug and play. removed front grill and headlights plugged in and fitted relays in engine bay - 20-30 mins. Best mod so far!!!
                            I'll try to find the packet it came in and scan the instructions if you want.
                            Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes
                              the loom took about a week to arrive. fitting was a piece of pi$$ - even in the dark / wind / rain / failing torch batteries. - high quality kit. No cutting of wires simply plug and play. removed front grill and headlights plugged in and fitted relays in engine bay - 20-30 mins. Best mod so far!!!
                              I'll try to find the packet it came in and scan the instructions if you want.
                              ta mate did you order and pay online too??
                              Pops

Comment

Working...
                              X