Search Limitation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search Limitation

I have noticed that there is an annoying limitaion to the search facility. I don't know what could be done about it. When doing a search any word under four letters brings up a warning. e.g. "EGR"
    Substitute "EGR Modification" :WARNING THE WORD EGR TOO SHORT:
    Type in "Exhaust Gas Recirculation" :WARNING THE WORD GAS IS TOO SHORT:
    Maybe the Admin/Techies could have a look.
    If not I shall have to plough through the Technical Section until I find it.
    It's only a hobby!

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
    I have noticed that there is an annoying limitaion to the search facility. I don't know what could be done about it. When doing a search any word under four letters brings up a warning. e.g. "EGR"
    good call!

does my head that!... stuff like SVA MOT etc. etc...
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/Forums/sho...ghlight=vacuum

Comment

Probably explains why the, "Whats the ECT button for?" question, is the most asked.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Probably explains why the, "Whats the ECT button for?" question, is the most asked.
          and what's the RED button!

it all becomes clear now!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

OR DIE
            so much too do too little time to do it
            Enjoying Life after Cancer
            Pops

Comment

Ok its down to minimum three lettters now, see if that is better now.
              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

Most BB's are like this, it can be a pain for short words, putting a '*' after it give you more results sometimes, it a 'wildcard'

Dunno if we have to 'adjust' the search feature to suit the forum, cos it never really seemed to work properly for me, just assumed that was the way it was.
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks Guv you are a star! Right thats the grovelling bit over.
                  Have tried searches on ECT, EGR, Red Button, SVA and MOT. No threads found. Well at least I now know they have never been discussed on this forum before
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

Thanks Guv you are a star! Right thats the grovelling bit over.
                    Have tried searches on ECT, EGR, Red Button, SVA and MOT. No threads found. Well at least I now know they have never been discussed on this forum before
                    Works now but only on simple search - I think there is actually a bug on the advanced search.

Had to rebuild the search indexes after Koi made the change to the minimum search string length.

Edit.
                    It works on both now, but make sure you don't have the match exact name checkbox ticked when you don't have any name in the name search box.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                      Works now but only on simple search - I think there is actually a bug on the advanced search.

Had to rebuild the search indexes after Koi made the change to the minimum search string length.

Edit.
                      It works on both now, but make sure you don't have the match exact name checkbox ticked when you don't have any name in the name search box.

Cheers
                      top man boss, thanks.
                      Enjoying Life after Cancer
                      Pops

Comment

Working...
                      X