Fitting Recaro Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting Recaro Seats

I've done a Search, on here, with regards to fitting Recaro Seats, but really none the wiser. Has anyone on here actually had any Recaro Seats fitted into a 2nd Gen Surf? I would like to replace the Front Seats with a pair of Recaros for the Comfort reason. Also, can anyone tell me how to prevent the 'Tailgate Open' Light from staying on?! - apart from the usual "Close the Tailgate!", "Don't open the Tailgate!", "Remove the Bulb!", "Sell the Vehicle!", "Use a Black Bulb!" etc, etc!! It tends to stay on all the time now - it used to come on when driving, but after a while it would Flicker then go out - could it be the Earth wire? Is the Switch on any Wiring Diagram? I've removed the Switch and cleaned it twice now, to no avail. So RECARO's and TAILGATE LIGHT - any takers?
    Better to be in Cumulonimbus than Cumulogranite

Hi Bud, Recaro'e were already fitted to my 2nd gen when I bought and if I must say, you're making a wise move indeed.

As for fitting them, I've no idea, but if you want I can take some piccies of the fittings and put them on here. Or, if you're ever passing Bolton.........
    Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Damien, I'd appreciate some pictures of the Fittings in order to see how different they are from my original ones. Can you still adjust Height and Leg Length with the Recaro's that you have? Bolton's a little bit too far from Aberdeen!

Comment

I've fitted Recaros to mine... I was lucky. Some were for sale on e-bay, and they went for a LOT less than the seller was thinking they'd reach!

The fitment of the Recaros was exactly the same as the standard seats.

I guess you're on about fitting Recaros that weren't original equipment. In that case, you might have to buy seat sub frames, or possibly modify your seat subframes to match the new seats.

As for the light. If you remove the inner of the rear door, the switch for the light is easily seen. I guess you may have a dirty connection, or possibly a wire off?

Hope this helps....

Dave
        It just does, OK?

Comment

Cheers, Dave. I don't actually have any Seats yet - I guess you were lucky to get ones that already came out of a Surf (I ought to try E-Bay). As for the Light, Can you get to the Switch Wiring without removing the Window? by taking off the Cover, etc, while the Window is still up, from the inside? or is all the Window Mechanism in the way?

Comment

Yeah, the light switch wiring is easily accessible without the window being removed. Just 'pop' the carpet off, and remove the eight or so screws holding the cover plate on.
            All will then become clear!!!
            It just does, OK?

Comment

I can't adjust the height, everything else but not the height! Will try and get some pics tomoz!

Laters.....
              Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Comment

I fitted some recaro type seats to 3rd Gen, ripped the sub frame off OEM seats and made a sub frame using some 3/4" x 1" box section & 10mm bolts.

Worked out ok seats solid as OEM ones and have slide adjustment as was.
                Attached Files

Comment

Where did you get those seats from - they look very nice!! Were you able to get a rear seat to match or does it look a bit odd with different seats in the front?

Comment

Working...
                  X