Photoshop or Paintshop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop or Paintshop?

seem to be the 2 most commonly used... which is best??...

does anyone ever pay full price for them??
    Photoshop
    55.00%
    Paintshop
    35.00%
    MS Paint for me... 'tis free!
    10.00%
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Originally posted by da SLUG man

of course esp if the software is microsoft!
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man

Does anyone ever pay for any software????

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD
        Does anyone ever pay for any software????
        I did.... photoshop pro and the extra discs with all the extra elements.
        Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Comment

Like everything, depends what you want to use it for...let us know...

Photoshop was always the "ultimate" photo editing tool, and pretty much continues to be for professional photo editing etc. Paintshop started life as a very simple tool mainly for conversion and over the years has grown to be a very comprehensive tool with many of the features of Photoshop.

I would say Paintshop is plenty fine for most people, unless you are really doing professional (i.e. magazine, pro-printing or pro-photo stuff) in which case Photoshop is what you want.

I use Paintshop (and other tools) for all my own stuff and my company stuff (web site, brochure printing stuff) and its easily got enough features for all that (in fact in recent releases I have found its getting too complex for my needs and therefore more difficult to use!).

A serious alternative if you don't want to buy or steal software is the opensource tool The Gimp:
          http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/

Or Google Picassa if you just want photo organising and basic editing tools (zoom, resize, effects etc):
          http://picasa.google.com/index.html
          No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Try Picasa from Google its FREE and for basic editing is not too bad either
            Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

I've been using Painshop since version 4 ( got it free on a cover floppy!).
              Never felt I needed anything else and never paid full price as I always waited until there was a new release and then bought the old version for half price or less. To me Photoshop was too complicated compared to Painshop so never really went into it.
              Have to agree with Codlord though, it is getting more and more difficult with the later releases.

Ken
              [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I][SIZE=3]When the going gets tough - Get out !!![/SIZE][/I][/B][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
              X