key question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• key question

my surf has 1 original key which works the remote central locking just fine. Question is

does this have an immobiliser as part of the system?

Al.
    I used to have a surf me!

don't think so... you can get keys cut at any backstreet Mr minit.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I've got the same on my truck. One key opens and closes the doors automaticaly. I got the key cut incase the battery goes or I loose the key, but you will have to open your doors the old fashioned way. By hand.

Comment

so i really ought to get an immobiliser installed then!!!!!!!!1

Al.

Comment

Your truck, the same with all of them doesn't have an immobiliser fitted as standard. You will have to get one fitted. Most people recommend a Thatcham system, either a Cat1 or Cat2. Go for a Clifford or a Toad. I have yet to get one fitted on mine, but hopefully it will be in the next month.

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
            so i really ought to get an immobiliser installed then!!!!!!!!1

Al.

You ought, you ought!

Comment

you can get a thatcham approved immobiliser supplied and fitted for £100... no point going for anything less as it won't help with insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                you can get a thatcham approved immobiliser supplied and fitted for £100... no point going for anything less as it won't help with insurance.
                where can i get a cat1 alarm fitted and supplied for £100 from dude?

seen these ; http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-PAGEGUARD-...QQcmdZViewItem

Remote controlled door lock/unlock

Remote engine start

Turbo timer

plus loads more
                zacco

Comment

How the 'el did you get insurance without an immobiliser? I went to lifesure and they said they wouldn't do fire 'n' theft until I did. I said nobody would want to nick a burning surf but they still wouldn't have it

On a slightly more serious note I got mine fitted with the toad cat 1 system which has been just fine, even automaticly locks the doors once the ignition has been switched on
                  Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by zacco hilux ssx 2.5td 91
                    where can i get a cat1 alarm fitted and supplied for £100 from dude?

seen these ; http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-PAGEGUARD-...QQcmdZViewItem

Remote controlled door lock/unlock

Remote engine start

Turbo timer

plus loads more
                    you can't

immobiliser you can though

and that on ebay won't be Thatcham aproved... you need to get it certified once fitted if you're doing it yourself.
                    Last edited by da SLUG man; 1 December 2005, 22:55.

Comment

Interesting cos mine locks the doors automatically if you unlock it and then dont get in for a minute???????

Comment

Originally posted by coolsv650
                        How the 'el did you get insurance without an immobiliser? I went to lifesure and they said they wouldn't do fire 'n' theft until I did. I said nobody would want to nick a burning surf but they still wouldn't have it

On a slightly more serious note I got mine fitted with the toad cat 1 system which has been just fine, even automaticly locks the doors once the ignition has been switched on

im with the AA
                        £550 ish fully comp. im 31 ..13 yrs licence no claims plus my wife is 26 with a new provisanal licence so its not a bad deal ..considerin i got no alarm..
                        not that my wife is allowed to drive MY surf....lol
                        zacco

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
                          Interesting cos mine locks the doors automatically if you unlock it and then dont get in for a minute???????
                          u must have a alarm of sum sort en ?
                          zacco

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                            you can't

immobiliser you can though

and that on ebay won't be Thatcham aproved... you need to get it certified once fitted if you're doing it yourself.
                            i understand that ,,but do they really give a good discount for a thatchams cat 1
                            zacco

Comment

Lifesures quote for me was with a cat2.(which I didnt have)
                              My original insurers was about £50 more than Lifesure. Being a lazy bugger I went with original...........
                              Last edited by DaveD; 3 December 2005, 00:46.

Comment

Working...
                              X