Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which headlamp bulbs?

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked before but does the Surf use H4 type bulbs in the headlamps?

If so is anyone using the Xenon type bulbs? do they give the new modern car look, or is that some other type of bulb?

And most importantly, how the hell do you replace them? does the batteries have to come out?

--
    Big Grin

See my post a few weeks ago, its not realy that hard if you do it in daylight with a socket set. Full instructions in my post.

Halfords do a fair range under 4 Runner in their cataulauge.

Watch the Ampage of the light loom, some of the Brighter Bulbs require more Amps than our trucks looms can support.

Best of luck with it!
    Ok nicely done, when we dry off we can go find the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by Gtdog
      See my post a few weeks ago, its not realy that hard if you do it in daylight with a socket set. Full instructions in my post.

Halfords do a fair range under 4 Runner in their cataulauge.

Watch the Ampage of the light loom, some of the Brighter Bulbs require more Amps than our trucks looms can support.

Best of luck with it!
      Just found and printed out your post on said subject and all I can say is OH MY GOD!

Thanks, I think

Comment

In all honesty I can say that in daylight with a socket set it is not too bad.

If you give yourself an hour including fags and tea, you will be fine, just be carefull with the air intake on the passenger side.

Have fun now!
        Ok nicely done, when we dry off we can go find the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by Gtdog
          In all honesty I can say that in daylight with a socket set it is not too bad.

If you give yourself an hour including fags and tea, you will be fine, just be carefull with the air intake on the passenger side.

Have fun now!
          Don't smoke, no seriously, does anyone know if the modern whiter looking bulbs are the xenon type as not ony do they look good I could do with a bit brighter light as I'm out in the sticks alot and it gets dark early these days.

--
          Surf & a big grin.

Comment

The only way to get the modern high-tec look is to fit a HID lighting kit, and they cost upwards of £300.
            I got 100/80 watt h4 bulbs fitted, they give the same sort of blue/white light you're after, but 'cos I haven't upgraded the headlight wiring yet, they're not working to their full potential. Still brighter than standard tho'

Comment

Working...
            X