@ TonyN or anyone with a haynes 3.5V8 book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ TonyN or anyone with a haynes 3.5V8 book

hey tony, don't s'pose you have an engine manual or any manual with 3.5 V8 rover engine in it??

need to work out how the distributor drive works... it's mangled and i don't wanna start ripping bits off till i know what's hidden in there!!... i've got the dizzy out, and can see through the hole that it's not good!

OR... any one do a scan and post??

lovely jubbly!

cheers!

(else it's off to halfords for a manual!)
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Originally posted by da SLUG man
    hey tony, don't s'pose you have an engine manual or any manual with 3.5 V8 rover engine in it??

need to work out how the distributor drive works... it's mangled and i don't wanna start ripping bits off till i know what's hidden in there!!... i've got the dizzy out, and can see through the hole that it's not good!

OR... any one do a scan and post??

lovely jubbly!

cheers!

(else it's off to halfords for a manual!)
    which bits mangled and what exactly do you want to know.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

or on the other hand if you remove the inlet manifold,and the metal gasket you can see the cam and the drive for the dizzy.as well as pushrods and lifters.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

i haven't got a clue yet!... i've never looked inside a V anything... + it's been dark so thought a read up would be good before i start taking things apart!

Comment

sorry dude, forgot! I'll go out in the cold and rain to the garage........

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

matt you have mail.if its not what you want then let me know and i will see if i have an exploded view of the crankcase.cheers m8t
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

yeah, it's the crankcase one i was looking for... just to see what to expect more than anything...
              i'm sure when i take it apart it will all become clear though!

i can't think what's caused it, that's all... it was running fine, cut out and wouldn't start... took distributor out and it was mangled...

if it's too tricky i've got another engine i can get hold of cheap.

cheers though!

Comment

yeah, it's the crankcase one i was looking for... just to see what to expect more than anything...
                i'm sure when i take it apart it will all become clear though!

i can't think what's caused it, that's all... it was running fine, cut out and wouldn't start... took distributor out and it was mangled...

if it's too tricky i've got another engine i can get hold of cheap.

cheers though!
                hi matt,sorry mate but i cant find a pic of the crankcase ,all i know is that the dizzy runs off of a gear on the front of the cam,in front of the timing chain,this gear has a notch in it and is held in place by a woodruff key and the main bolt which tightens the timing chain gear on to the camshaft.it is possible that the key has broken or the bolt has come lose.if you need parts ring rimmer bros on 01522568000 next day delivery.they have everything you will ever need for the rover V8.and while your there ask them for their V8 catalogue,its free and has a lot of useful info.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

excellent!... cheers mate!.

Comment

[QUOTE=da SLUG man] manual with 3.5 V8 rover engine in it??QUOTE]
                    'phone Tadley library 0118 9814595 - they have a range of Haynes manuals and a photocopier.
                    Keith

Comment

[QUOTE=s2-wolf]
                      manual with 3.5 V8 rover engine in it??QUOTE]
                      'phone Tadley library 0118 9814595 - they have a range of Haynes manuals and a photocopier.
                      good thinking!... could be handy... cos that's where the motor is too!...

well, not actually in the library!...

p.s. haven't lost a digger lately have you?... hehehe!!

Comment

[QUOTE=da SLUG man]
                        Originally posted by s2-wolf
                        haven't lost a digger lately have you?... hehehe!!
                        Nah - wouldn't bother nicking a digger, just use the Surf with a bit of steel girder on the front!!! LOL
                        Keith

Comment

Working...
                        X