Snowchains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowchains

I need some snowchains for my 91 surf, the tyres say 30x9.5xR15 on them which is a new one on me. Any suggestions guys, as price seems to vary a lot...
    Keep it greasey so it'll go down easy...

Originally posted by Pika1971
    I need some snowchains for my 91 surf, the tyres say 30x9.5xR15 on them which is a new one on me. Any suggestions guys, as price seems to vary a lot...

Here you go matey.

http://www.top-gear.net/default.asp?...6071973&xdid=2

PS Check out the Air Horns while your at it. You can hear what they sound like.
    Last edited by M35A2; 29 November 2005, 20:19.

Comment

Cat nearly died

Thanks matey, tried the airhorns, unfortunately I forgot my sound was turned up very loud and the cat was asleep on the chair next to me...lol

Comment

Yowser! Just seen the price at the other end of that link (thanks for the link by the way). Anywhere in the UK where they're cheaper than that?

Last time I used chains was in the States, $30 (£16) for a set and they were big tyres, but if we're in for what they say we're in for I'll get a set for the Citroën cos I can't feed the Hilux all the time and stay solvent.

Comment

i'd rather be in a surf without snow chains than a citroen with them...
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
            Here you go matey.

http://www.top-gear.net/default.asp?...6071973&xdid=2

PS Check out the Air Horns while your at it. You can hear what they sound like.
            Some nice looking horns, Could'nt hear em cos i got no speakers on the pc
            probably just as well judgeing by Pika's cat.
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Here are some more links.

http://www.snowchains.co.uk/index.htm

http://www.roofbox.co.uk/snowhome.html

http://www.snowchainwarehouse.co.uk/

http://www.igluski.com/travel_chains.cfm

Comment

When I click on the air horns all I get is a box pop-up that says, "Invalid Menu handle." I have the latest all-singing-all-dancing version of media player, so WTF is that all about????? It's only a WAV file FFS!

I nearly forgot what I was going to say. My Surf came with a set of chains, all nice and rubbery coated, but they seemed a bit big. Now I have 31" tyres they fit a treat. Very wild when you come off the snow and onto a gritted/cleared bit. It is worse than driving on sheet ice without them
                Last edited by kitesurf_phil; 2 December 2005, 00:53.
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                  When I click on the air horns all I get is a box pop-up that says, "Invalid Menu handle." I have the latest all-singing-all-dancing version of media player, so WTF is that all about????? It's only a WAV file FFS!

I nearly forgot what I was going to say. My Surf came with a set of chains, all nice and rubbery coated, but they seemed a bit big. Now I have 31" tyres they fit a treat. Very wild when you come off the snow and onto a gritted/cleared bit. It is worse than driving on sheet ice without them
                  do you mean XP media version, or Mediaplayer?... cos i got a Q about that xp media thing!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Thanks for the links M35A2 - I'll check them out.

It's not me that doesn't want to drive the Surf in the snow, it's my wallet!

Comment

Cheers

Thanks guys.
                      Chains for 4x4 seem to be quite a bit more expensive, but looks like I can get some for under 200 squid. I want to get good quality because I am away playing in the snow for most of this winter (Jan to mid March)..woooooooooaaaaaaahhhh So reliability is really important, even going to get Stevo to put another head on the old girl next week, as I have been losing water, getting white smoke on start up, and a host of other head or gasket blown problems.. I also need to do a full service, and get a decent battery but that will be on another post...bring on that lovely deep snow, I'm going to be torn between skiing 8 fantastic resorts and playing in surf...lol life is good...
                      PS By the way I am staying in Bourg Saint Maurice / Les Arcs if anyones over this winter..

Comment

what about buying them when you get there? got to be cheaper... not in switzerland obviously..
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

there was me wondering how much snow you're expecting in worcestershire!!

all is now clear!
                          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Snow

LOL, I would always hope for snow in Worcs...

Comment

Originally posted by Pika1971
                              30= 30" dia
                              9.5=9.5" wide
                              15 = 15" wheels
                              Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Working...
                              X