4x4 Funday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

welcome aboard mate -
    read the stickies first (top of the forum section pages) which might have answers to the most common questions.

no mods to go offroad exactly but best to read up about how and when to use the 4x4 system.
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by Madfor1t
      Hey guy's I'm new and very green to the world of the hilux surf I have a ssr-g 1993 2.4td Auto jap import I got it two days ago after wanting one for ages. My problem is i dont know where i can drive it apart from on the road. But that's no fun. I live in Milton Keynes and Wiltshire so if you guys know anywhere i can go off roading near ether then let me know. Also do i need to make any Mods to my surf before I Go Off Road. remmber i'm V Green to this so be gentle
      Wiltshire... let me think : Oh yes, it's got more byways than anywhere else in England The pictures below are around Salisbury Plain which you're free to drive around at weekends, including at night when tanks are on maneuvers, according to the MOD website!

Mods and accessories I've found useful -

Cut the wire to the buzzer that comes on when you leave the key in with door open. http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...3&page=1&pp=10
      1:25,000 OS maps of Wilshire
      At least semi-suitable all terrain tires
      Proper tow strap from the shop on this site
      Long stick for checking the depth of puddles
      wellies in the back and spare clothes/socks/food, you might be very glad you did!
      Folding saw and a willingness to use it (you are doing the highways agency a favour, seriously!)
      Adjust your mind for a carefree attitude to minor scratching of paintwork by branches you can't be bothered to cut.
      Effective stereo
      Put a switch in the antenna wire so you can leave it down nearly always without thinking about it. Or you will lose it!
      Numerous mods possible to replace the dangling fog light that you'll be losing soon. Just put mine in the OS reversing light with a red LED which works very nicely.
      Camping stove for tea making
      Disposable BBQ's for the summer
      Thick skin for ignoring walking fascists

Then you're ready - Get it Gripped!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by NeilT; 16 December 2005, 21:59.
      PM ME IF YOU'RE SELLING A 2ND GEN 3.0TD...

Comment

Originally posted by Madfor1t
        Hey guy's i'm new and very green to the world of the hilux surf I have a ssr-g 1993 2.4td Auto jap import I got it two days ago after wanting one for ages. My problem is i dont know where i can drive it apart from on the road. But that's no fun. I live in Milton Keynes and Wiltshire so if you guys know anywhere i can go off roading near ether then let me know. Also do i need to make any Mods to my surf before I Go Off Road. remmber i'm V Green to this so be gentle

O/S LAndranger maps for wiltshire

Swindon and Devizes No 173 and Salisbury & the plain No 184

These are very useful and they even show the byways across the ranges

A set of all terrain tyres are useful, and travel with others if you are going to attempt any of the more challenging byways

Note when red flags are flying it means that there is live firing and the plain is closed . Also straying from the reconised rights of way is frowned apon by the land wardens (plain police ) and they are out in force recently as some idiot in a 4x4 was caught playing in the lavington range impact area

ITS a great place to have fun and i will be out over christmas surfing
        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by ianwoodzie
          and they are out in force recently as some idiot in a 4x4 was caught playing in the lavington range impact area
          Not me Guv! That 3rd pic was parked up 2 meters off the byway for a brew. Forgot to say you got to stick to the byways and gravel roads. Plenty enough challenge there still as the last pic shows

Comment

Originally posted by NeilT
            Not me Guv! That 3rd pic was parked up 2 meters off the byway for a brew. Forgot to say you got to stick to the byways and gravel roads. Plenty enough challenge there still as the last pic shows

IT WAS NOT A SURF DRIVER ...........A L*******R was NICKED
            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by ianwoodzie
              IT WAS NOT A SURF DRIVER ...........A L*******R was NICKED
              Figures. If he had a good car he might have got away

Don't fancy driving over a load of unexploded ordnance very much i have to say.

Comment

Originally posted by NeilT
                Figures. If he had a good car he might have got away

Don't fancy driving over a load of unexploded ordnance very much i have to say.
                IT MIGHT GO BAAAAAAANNNNNNNGGGGGGG
                www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by kiowa
                  anybody intrested in this funday on the 18th december
                  http://www.bristoloffroad.co.uk/index.htm
                  PM for you in your inbox
                  Cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X