Medieval Dave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medieval Dave

Just a queary on your Hobby. Are you a Parliamentarian or a Loyalist? I come from a town called Stony Stratford. Have you ever done the "last skirmish" there?

That's where the saying "a cock and bull story" comes from. The Cock was a Loyalist HQ in the civil war. We have an annual re-enactment every year. It's fantastic, I am really into Military History. I take it your in the Sealed Knot?

No, we do medieval, Now different people will give different answers to when medieval starts and ends but generaly historians date the end of the medieval period to 1485 (the battle of bosworth, Richard the third killed, end of the plantagent kings, start of the tudor era), or to 1500 to make it a nice round number. some on the continent date it to the battle of pavia in 1525, when firearms really took over from swords, spears and knights in armour.

Sealed knot is all about the english civil war - now I'll cheat and paste in a bit from wikipedia.....

The term English Civil War (or Wars) refers to the series of armed conflicts and political machinations which took place between Parliamentarians and Royalists from 1642 until 1651. The first (1642–1645) and the second (1648–1649) civil wars pitted the supporters of King Charles I against the supporters of the Long Parliament, while the third (1649–1651) was between supporters of Charles II and supporters of the Rump Parliament. The third war ended with the Parliamentary victory at the Battle of Worcester on September 3, 1651.

History lesson over.

I much preffer medieval because by the ECW things were all organised with proper armies and ranks and so on whereas medieval history was a lot more disorganised with the history more driven by personalities than by just who had the biggest army.

Comment

Anyway, I have a cannon - beat that!

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave

Any wheels for it yet? if not might be worth asking this lot

Comment

Originally posted by Bikenuts
          Any wheels for it yet? if not might be worth asking this lot
          Naaa they'll just suggest bigger wheels and tyres.....

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave

Does Bobby know you have him???

Comment

i have been known to sell rosehead nails, 12 sided ash staves(so the kids can smack the tobacco juice out of each other) and even lamp wick (to a chap recreating scotts antarctic jaunt) to re-enactors. fine fellows. there is a re-enactors fair just up the road twice a year which is good for a giggle..
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
              X