Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• welding question

Hi
    at the weekend one of the front seat mountings broke which will require a small amount of welding to the floor,which as you know means that the battery has to be disconnected to protect onboard electrical components .My questions are will the ECU have to be re-programmed after the battery has been disconnected?Are there any other problems that can arise from the battery being disconnected?Cheers.
    Powered by ????

No it will be fine.

It will self learn and function properly again once powered back up.

Andy

Comment

I dont expect so.... My saab turbo reset the ecu after 15 mins of being disconnected but only back to "as new" status. Would then learn my driving style again which was pretty easy,

Foot the floor and left foot braking.............traction control always switched off.

in the case of your surf, I suppose the surf black box will reset to factory default after a few mins but this wont cause you any problems. In fact, its ALWAYS a good idea to let the ECU reset on any car you buy as you have no idea what clown has been driving it and what it has adjusted to compensate for.

I reset my surf when i got it by leaving the batts off for an hour with no problems. it may be that the ecu does not adjust to driving style anyhow but worth doing just in case.

Al.

Al.
      I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Thanks for your replies folks,and for putting my mind at rest,will get seat welding job done this week